At redmoon, we are developing a feature film, and we’re looking for a talented storyboard artist, with a unique style and a strong visual culture, who will be able to transpose the script from words to visual representations.
Some movie references include: Tree of Life (Terrence Malick), Mirror (Andrei Tarkovsky), Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (Céline Sciamma), Om des oändliga (Roy Andersson), Incendie (Denis Villeneuve), Les Chatouilles (Andréa Bescond, Eric Métayer).
The qualities we are looking for include:
- More than 2 years of experience
- A solid portfolio
- Proactivity and autonomy
- A unique visual style and identity
This post is offered on a remote freelancing basis. This will allow you to manage your own time while working directly with the director, collaborating together on the artistic evolution of the script.
If you are interested and available, here is what to do next:
- When applying for job, please send us the answer to the following question “What movie describes you the best?”
- If you are included in the preselection, you will be sent a small test, between 3 and 5 sketches
- You will be tested on your interpretation of the script, the choice of camera angles and movements
- You will not be judged on your drawing skills, this should be reflected in your previous work
- If the director is interested in your work he will meet with you directly (through a video call)
- This is an opportunity for the both of you to discuss of your previous work, talk about the project, and your mutual motivations
- A final selection will be made and the work conditions defined.
From redmoon, we wish you a pleasant day, and we thank you for considering joining our team.