We are looking for a skilled VISUAL DEVELOPMENT ARTIST for multiple projects that are part of one vision: book cover for novels, inside line art, full color illustrated comic books, children’s books, fantasy maps, medieval ancestry charts, online world, and an app. Visual concepts focus on images such as a 7 headed dragon, vampires, witches, satyr, minotaur, saints, queen, kings taken out history, mythology, and the bible.
• Illustrates a passion and has a positive team player attitude
• Able to render rough sketches through final, clean line art including image designs, schematic and plan views as needed.
• Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
• Takes direction well and is able to integrate feedback from the Art Director
• Self-managing — organized with solid time management skills. Must be able to identify and meet goals. Accountable for meeting productivity expectations and deadlines
• Can demonstrate a diversified portfolio; including classic comic book and anime styles
• Excellent drawing and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles
• Understanding fundamental design skills including composition, perspective, form, and use of detail
• Digital illustration skills with advanced proficiency in Photoshop
• Solid interpersonal and communications skills
• Willing to remain involved in the project during the duration of est. 1-3 years, even during slow times as certain requests for work may be periodic.
• USA resident
Phase 1 is scheduled to being March 1, 2019.
• A plus is a candidate with knowledge of animated films, conceptualization of web apps and set up.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Contract employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Once the candidate is chosen, a by-project contract (total TBD) will be issued for specific illustrations at a per image cost with agreed upon deadlines. The first contract is for 11 B&W Character Illustrations for book inserts.
Candidates must agree to adhere to the moral principles and biblical doctrines of this Christian organization as upheld by SC Duncan mission statement and purpose.