We are looking for a regular video editing service to perform daily video editing work. Here is a project description:
THIS PROJECT INVOLVES THE DOWNLOADING AND UPLOADING OF 30-100 GB OF FILES EVERY DAY. YOU MUST HAVE A STABLE AND RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION OF AT LEAST 50X50.
Our company captures old family 8mm and 16mm film and saves the files as MOV or MP4.
Film was usually shot in 50 foot reels that run from 150 - 210 seconds each.
Before we capture the film, we usually combine seven 50 foot reels into one 350 reel. We use white film leader in between each section so it is easy to tell where one section stops and another section begins.
We usually capture anywhere from 20-40 350 foot reels each day (7000 to 14,000 feet each day).
Your job will be to take these files and as follow our instructions each day:
1) Download the files from the internet each day. Please keep in mind these files are large and will take time and require a very good internet connection.
2) Separate the file into its original 50 foot sections.
3) Neatly trim the beginning and end of each section.
4) Crop each file as necessary to ensure it is properly centered in the frame.
5) Apply a simple action to re-saturate the colors, sharpen, and do a simple white and black balance correction.
6) Occasionally, the film will have sound and you will ensure the audio file sounds good and is synced.
7) Scrub each file to make sure it looks good and sounds good before encoding.
8) Save each file as an MP4 file according to our compression requirements.
9) Review the finished files to make sure they meet our quality requirements.
10) Upload the finished files to the file sharing site within 72 hours of receipt.
How much work is this for you?
Each 350 foot reel takes about 15 minutes to edit once you have some practice. We create 20-40 reels each day, or about 8-12 hours of editing work.
We are looking for 2-3 editors, but you must commit to at least 4 hours of editing each day to bid on this project.
How we pay you:
We will pay .006 per foot, or $2.10 for the average 350 foot reel.
Here is the link to the files. Please review the files and the SOP so you fully understand. Then, edit the original reel into 7 separate files and send us a link to your completed work.
We will evaluate your work and let you know. We are hiring immediately.