I’m enlisting someone to edit research papers for non-native English-speaking clients. The job includes assignments of varying length and from a variety of disciplines. My ideal candidate has a very strong command of the English language, intense attention to detail, and some experience with non-native speakers (e.g., similar editing work, teaching, language studies, or translating). This job is ideal for professionals, students, and others who are willing to work from home. We offer flexible scheduling to complement your school schedule and other personal obligations.
About the job:
- The level of English in each assignment needs to be brought up to publishable standards. That includes (1) correcting typographical, grammar, logic and spelling errors (2) making corrections on awkwardly utilized vocabulary and punctuation; (2) rewording or rewriting sentences to improve its style, organization, clarity, conciseness and general fluency; (3) eliminating repetition. You may occasionally find that cursory research on the subject is needed to learn the correct translation for certain terminology or to gain other useful background information.
- Familiarity with scientific writing prior to beginning this job will benefit you, but is not required provided that you learn style guidelines quickly.
- Strict adherence to my deadlines is crucial, as clients are typically working toward their own submission deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word is a must. You will need to track all changes made during the editing process and be able to leave notes in the margin as necessary.
- Pay is $15 per 1,000 words remitted via PayPal. Most assignments are between 3,000 and 6,000 words.
Please apply for job if interested, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Thanks very much for your interest.
Please use track change to edit it.