EKHP Consulting is seeking candidates for a technical writer position. Position is expected to be long term.
Pay rate is up to $31.25 per hour as a W2 employee or $34 per hour as C2C.
The location of the position is Austin, Texas. Selected candidate may be able to do a large percentage remotely.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS– This position focuses on organizing, writing, editing, development, and delivery of content for client in a Networking, Telecommunications and Security Environment. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates for this position.
• Understanding of current technologies and best practices.
• Analysis and articulation of business and communications content needs based on meeting discussions, interviews, and communication briefs.
• Collaboration with internal customers and IT staff to define content requirements and to scope work.
• Development of project documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven experience working on their own with limited supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing objectives and requirements.
• Self-starter with willingness and ability to research and obtain the necessary information and/or skills to complete the task at hand. Must be a quick learner who can work independently with minimal instruction.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a field related to the position.
4 • Experience in the field or in a related area, such as technical writing, journalism, or communications work.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Knowledge of the techniques and methods of planning, organizing, and writing various types of materials; of research methodology; and of departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Skill in the use of modern office equipment (computer software and technologies).
4 • Demonstrates an understanding of the customer’s documentation needs and can quickly adapt to changing requirements.
• Understands both business and customer views and is able to translate necessary information logically so that it meets the needs of both.
• Provides expertise on technical concepts of applications and /or user groups and needs.
• Can structure content and procedures in a logical sequence.
• Successfully adapts existing documentation and creates new documentation for various audiences with the required level of technical detail.
• Willingness to ask questions and seek clarification. Finds the optimal balance between relying on Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for information and seeking out information independently.
4 • Demonstrated technical competency and ability to learn new technologies.
• Must have intermediate- to advanced-level skills working with Microsoft Office products (at a minimum: Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, and Outlook).
• Able to manage documentation and maintain versioning.
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft SharePoint (server or online). Must have at least basic skills as a SharePoint user; intermediate- to advanced-level user experience is a plus.
• Must have some experience using remote communication tools, such as Skype for Business, GoToMeeting, WebEx, etc.
4 • Experience working in a team environment and supporting team operations and initiatives.
• Can develop, enhance, and maintain user and technical documentation and templates.
• Ability to follow instructions and adhere to existing documentation practices (formatting, writing style, etc.). Must be able to follow standards to ensure quality and consistency.
• Can ensure messages and terminology is consistent across all written materials.
• Ability to communicate accurate and useful status updates and manage/report time spent on all work activities. Thrives in both a team environment and while working independently. Can both lead and follow.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
4 • Experience producing, editing, and maintaining content to meet a broad range of modern business and communications purposes. Examples include: technical documents, specification and requirements documents; training manuals, special reports; prepared materials, illustrations.
• Experience preparing analyses or summaries.
• Experience working with Networking and Telecommunication Staff.
3 Demonstrates strong business analysis skills, such as: conducting intake sessions and documenting stakeholder requirements.
3 Demonstrates ability to immerse in a subject matter area in order to gain understanding.
3 Demonstrates strong writing, editing, analytical, and organizational skills.
2 Is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with team members and stakeholders.
2 Intermediate- to advanced-level skills using Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (or later versions). Administrative SharePoint experience is a plus.
TERM OF SERVICE: Position is expected to be long term..
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
• A high percentage of the work may be done remotely. Must be available for meetings.
Other Special Requirements:
• Must be able to pass background check as required by end-client.
• Candidates selected for interview will be tested on Word Templates
Terms and Conditions:
• 10 days PTO and client holidays. (PTO to be prorated on remaining fiscal year).
• Pay rate up to $31.25 ph W2 or $34 C2C.