Production Designer, Production Design Team
Pillars of the job: Production, Quality, Design, Customer Focus
In short, we want designers who not only have solid Illustrator and Photoshop skills, but who have a knack for English grammar, an obsession with making things perfect, and a drive to be super efficient and meet production goals.
Job Level: Entry Level
Location: Tempe, Arizona - Please be aware that all Production Designers are required to work from our Tempe office.
Starting Pay: $15 per hour
This is a seasonal position that lasts from October – December/January, contracted through Corestaff Services. To be considered, you must be able to provide a cover letter and portfolio samples. Portfolio samples showcasing before & after digitally edited/enhanced photography is a plus.
Tiny Prints is a part of Shutterfly Inc., the leading internet-based social expression and personal publishing company that operates Shutterfly.com, TinyPrints.com and WeddingPaperDivas.com. Our wide range of personalized products helps to celebrate life's important moments. From cards to announcements, invitations to stationery, we are committed to delighting our customers every day. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique. We have an exclusive network of top designers and loyal customers that include celebrities and style mavens everywhere.
Job Description, Responsibilities:
• Meticulously process Tiny Prints and Wedding Paper Divas orders by a set of stationery etiquette standards and aggressive productivity and accuracy goals.
• Proofread and review orders and address any customer information and text errors.
• Typeset custom text on Illustrator templates, adjust layout and meticulously proof and approve for print. Includes color customizations and custom layout adjustment.
• Check photo resolution, edit photos, remove red eye, color correct to ensure optimum print quality.
• Report and take necessary steps to correct errors and inconsistencies to ensure quality, accuracy and print quality of every order.
• Interact daily with customers to ensure customer needs are met according to our premium level of service standards. Follow-up with customers regarding outstanding order issues, including customer submitted photos, personalized text and order detail information.
• Respond to and resolve inbound customer service inquires and issues related to design and production via telephone and email.
• Keep up with evolving policies and process improvements. Research and stay up to date on stationery etiquette.
• Be a team player and always willing to pitch in when needed to delight our customers.
• Be able to work from our Tempe, Arizona office: this is not a work from home job, unfortunately.
Knowledge, Ability, Skills, Experience:
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Illustrator: Typesetting, layout, color customizations
- Photoshop: Photo editing, color correction, red eye correction, stamping, color
customizations, understanding of photo editing for print
• Proficient in English grammar.
- Proofreading, editing experience
- Sharp attention to detail, ability to catch typos and text inconsistencies
• Excellent customer/client communication experience and skills.
- Comfortable on the phone with customers
- Ability to write professional emails
• Ability to meet production goals/quotas while maintaining quality standards.
- Proven success in a fast-paced or goal oriented environment
- High standard for quality and efficiency
- Ability to balance speed/quality without getting flustered
• Proficient in using Web browsers, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn our complex internal order management system
- Comfortable with email communication
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively resolve issues with internal and external customers and systems.
• Completely accountable and willing to go above and beyond to get the job done right.
• Ability to work efficiently within a team environment and willing to go above and beyond to produce excellent work and delight our customers.