Freelance Writer/Correspondent, Beverly Hills, FL
• Articles and guest columns published in: Ocala Star Banner, Citrus County Chronicle, Citrus Life Magazine, Careers and the Disabled Magazine, Live2play.com, Examiner.com and Ocala4Sale.com
• Grant research and grant writing for Habitat for Humanity and ServiceSource Non-Profits.
• Press Releases written for 2 community groups which got several notices in local newspaper.
• Resume writer with success securing employment for several candidates.
• Fast and accurate writer with little need for revision or editing.
ServiceSource, Lecanto, FL
• Developed new training curriculum for the disabled so that they may learn the skills needed to find and keep a job. Trained participants utilizing public speaking skills.
• Cold called and developed relationships with business owners/managers at major corporations who might have an interest in hiring the disabled.
• Assisted the disabled in applying for jobs. Job coached people who needed additional supports to be successful in employment.
• Placed several disabled individuals into employment with corporations during a major economic recession.
• Helped write Press Releases which got company notices in 4 local newspapers for the first time ever. Developed Fact Sheet to be used in soliciting business for our company. Monitored press coverage and worked with marketing/PR to become better known in the community. Developed relationships with media.
• Conducted grant research.
Red Cedar Books, Beverly Hills, FL
President & CEO
• Bootstrapped start-up company.
• Provided full bookselling service to Domestic and International Buyers.
• Achieved 100% Positive Feedback on Amazon.com and Ebay.com
Special Counsel, New York, NY
• Recruited, interviewed, and placed attorney and paralegal candidates skilled in many practice
areas, accomplishing goals during extremely tight labor market.
• Scheduled interviews. Responsible for hiring and termination.
• Conducted due diligence on candidates.
Various Legal Freelance Positions, New York, NY
• Managed temporary staff during large coding project for major law firm.
• Held various temporary positions, mostly in the legal field as a paralegal/para-professional.
• Assisted attorneys during due diligence/document review projects.
• Organized paperwork by efficiently filing large case load documents for easy retrieval by attorneys.
Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
B.A., Psychology, 1992
Volunteer Experience & Memberships: Founder: Citrus/Marion County Acoustic Guitar Club. Founder: Citrus County Writers and Poets.
Other Skills: Wrote Press Releases for Community Groups which were successfully placed in local newspaper. Marketed and managed local band using door to door and Social Media Marketing.. Fingerstyle guitarist. Published writer.