Efficient and reliable CNA with 3 years experience in a hospital setting. Assisted with technical nursing treatments, supported diagnostic procedures and charted resident records. Interested in a full-time role as a nursing assistant in a top-notch healthcare facility.Energetic Home Health Aide licensed in the state of Texas . Current certifications in First Aid, CPR and BCLS. Knowledge of proper feeding, grooming and wound care procedures. Seeking a hospice care provider role.Certified Nursing Assistant with experience serving chronically ill patients. Assisted with daily living activities and household tasks. Provided emotional support in a comfortable, soothing environment. I am a CNA in a long term care and rehabilitation facilities .
Certified Nursing Assistant with 3+ years work in fast-paced environment handling confidential paperwork, administering medication and providing quality patient care.
Certified Nursing Assistant in home health care and hospice care settings. Established record of reliability and creating positive rapport with patients, family and staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant with years experience in a hospice setting. Patient-focused and empathetic caregiver with extensive knowledge of geriatric needs. Experienced Certified Nursing Assistant with good knowledge and understanding of development factors specific to adult and geriatric residents.Certified Medical Assistant with over 3 years medical practice experience in a Pediatric medical office. Medication Aid Certified with no experience
• Assisted physicians in focus studies of prenatal care.
• Performed basic physical assessments of newborns and infants.
• Ensured quality control through admissions, assessment, treatment and referral for a broad range of patients.
• Monitored patients' respiration activity, blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
• Monitored patient's respiration activity, blood pressure and blood glucose levels in response to medical administration.
• Educated patients in regards to office policies, medical procedure steps, recovery measures and medication instructions.
• Safely lifted up to 80 pounds and pushed 300 pounds on wheels.
• Prepared patients for surgery by performing screening tests, evaluating vitals and administering proper medication.
• Measured average of 30 patients' weight, height, body temperature, pulse rate and blood pressure daily. Assessment
• Executed full patient assessments, including NG and G tubes.
• Ensured charting accuracy through precise documentation. Collaboration
• Collaborated with physicians to plan and implement patient care. Patient Care
• Delivered compassionate care that exceeded hospital requirements.
• Successfully provided quality care to 25 of patients in healthcare environment such as ( The University Hospital , Sonterra Health Center , NGO-organizations ) .Family Support
• Provided support to families through education on procedures, regimens, prevention and care.
• Assisted in implementation of new tracking system that resulted in improved patient care.
• Documented patient information obtained from intake interviews.
• Trained team of staff nurses in medical office procedures to guarantee consistent quality of care.
• Patient Care
• Ensured quality control through admissions, assessment, treatment, and referral for a broad range of patients.
• Treated patients suffering from trauma, acute chest pain, respiratory failure, and drug overdoses.
• Completed group study focused on patient comfort, costs and test results, which resulted in increased patient satisfaction.
• Assisted patients with bathing, dressing, daily hygiene and grooming.
• Provided patients with transportation to and from medical appointments.
• Helped patients by serving meals, feeding as necessary, ambulating, turning, and positioning in bed.
• Responsible for unit of 18 patients, providing daily functions such as grooming, bathing, feeding and turning in bed.
• Kept linen and utility areas clean, emptied and cleaned urinals and bedpans, removed dirty linens from hampers.
• Assisted in patient surgery preparation by administering proper medication, monitoring patients' conditions and charting abnormalities.
• Prepared regular charts on patients' health related history, medication restrictions and allergies.
• Explained treatment procedures, medication risks, special diets and physician instructions to patients.
Medication aide, certified nurse assistant , medical surgical Technician
October 2010 to April 8, 2013
Sonterra health center – SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Experience with various medical conditions including Parkinson's, Dementia, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimer's and Paget's disease .
Coordinated with doctors and registered nurses to develop care plans for patients. Implemented necessary changes based on evaluation of staffing requirements and floor assignments.
Acted as patient advocate and implemented total patient care as part of a nursing team covering 8-10 high acuity patients per shift.
Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate outstanding healthcare teams.Trained 10 staff nurses to provide top-quality patient care.Provided patient education.Ensured proper care for victims of domestic violence who presented to urgent care clinic.Headed onboarding process for new nursing staff.Educated patients about their treatments.
Treated patients with strokes, head traumas, comas, and intracranial hematomas.Provided diagnoses and treated patients with chronic and acute health problems, including MI, arrhythmias, asthma, COPD, pneumonia. Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for those with dementia and Alzheimer's.Participated in unit based Quality Assurance Program.Assisted patients with multiple chronic diagnoses, including COPD and asthma.
Made appropriate interventions by reading and interpreting fetal heart monitors.Took vital signs of newborns while assisting in NICU.Developed patient care plans, including assessments, evaluations, and nursing diagnoses.Supported patients with customized patient teaching tools.Documented patient information obtained from interviews.Assisted physicians in focus studies on subject of prenatal care.Performed basic physical assessments of newborns and infants.Evaluated health education needs of patients and provided necessary training and instruction.Followed infection control procedures.Delegated staff nurse duties.Administered medications and assisted in diagnostic testing for HIV-positive patients.Achieved departmental goals and objectives by instituting new processes and standards for in-patient care.Assessed patients and documented their medical histories.
Provided treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law.Trained new staff on quality control procedures.Frequently commended for maintaining the safety, respect and dignity of residents.
Maintained patient privacy and confidential patient information.Took and recorded patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure.Tested patients' blood glucose levels.Assisted patients with daily functions.Utilized strong assessment skills to determine necessary patient care.Monitored fluid intake and output levels.Obtained vitals for a floor of 25 patients per shift.Delivered in-home care to disabled children and adults.
Provided quality nursing care in accordance with resident care policies and procedures.Ensured safety and well-
being of patients. Provided on-call care at all times of day and night. Transported patients to and from different departments. Measured urine specimens and delivered them to the laboratory.
Assisted patients with bathing, dressing, hygiene and grooming. Completed all daily living tasks to enhance the quality of life of elderly patients.
Worked as part of team to execute proper care of body mechanics and safety of patient. Partnered with team of registered nurses to achieve overall well-being of all patients.
Provided caring companionship to elderly and developmentally disabled patients. Engaged patients with games, crafts, cooking, music, reading and other activities.
Provided primary resident care and assistance with daily living activities. Helped residents with bathing, dressing, feeding, lifting and transferring.
Cleaned and sterilized instruments and disposed of contaminated supplies. Collected blood, tissue and other laboratory specimens and prepared them for lab testing. Created and maintained all absentee calendars, agency nurse schedules and staff meeting minutes. Helped physicians examine and treat patients by assisting with instruments, injections and suture removal.
Interviewed patients to obtain medical information, weight and height measurements and vital signs. Maintained all confidential personnel files, licensing and CPR compliance records.
Performed monthly inventory and maintained office and medical supply counts.Performed vitals/glucose testing and assisted in administering injections and urinalysis.
Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.Routinely retracted patient throat cultures and prepared them for lab submission.
Escorted patients to examination rooms and prepared them for physician exams.
Skillfully performed suture removals for patients of all ages.Monitored patient reactions to drugs and carefully documented progress of individuals participating in clinical trials.Coordinated Quality Improvement Activities (QIA's) to identify performance areas for improvement .
Managed caseload of 20 clients, providing education, treatments, IV therapy, venipuncture and wound care.Processed monthly reports for department performance.Instructed patients and family members on proper discharge care.Evaluated patients suffering from asthma, appendicitis and hernias.
Created children's area in waiting room to make practice more family-friendly. Monitored patients with acute conditions.
Provided necessary health education training for patients.Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions, and follow-up care.
Education and Training
THE ACADEMY OF NURSING ASSISTANT 2009
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS, BEXAR
POLITICAL SCIENE, NURSING ASSISTANT
Master of Arts
I have a Bachelor degree in political science from university of Baghdad in Iraq ,and currently , i am a master student in political science in University of Texas at San Antonio . I am a certified nurse assistant , i have got my certification from the academy of nursing assistant in San Antonio , Texas . I also have got my Medication Aide certification from the same academy . I have worked in sonterra health center as a nurse aide and currently working as a medical surgical technician in the university hospital.
UNIVERSIT OF TEXAS AT SAN ANTONIO, UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
• AED certification • Legal research/case notes
• Wound cleaning/care • Legal/non-legal research
• NG tube insertion and removal • Inventory control
• Infection control standards • Budget development
• Medical terminology • Staff training/development
• ER experience • Policy/program development
• Culturally competent care • Consistently meet goals
• Bilingual (Arabic -Spanish -English ) • Staff development
• Patient positioning • Salary structure/compensation analysis
• Patient transporting • Rapid order processing
• Customer service • Able to participate in multidisciplinary team
• IV drug therapy management approach
• Healthy meal preparation
• Feeding assistance
• Mobility assistance
• Oxygen machine maintenance
• Colostomy care
• Foley catheter insertion/removal
• Gastroenteral nutrition
• Body mechanics
• CPR/BLS certified
• Daily living activity assistance
• Drug administration
• Calendar management
• Medical coding
• Medical laboratory procedures
• Obtaining/charting vital signs
• Patient and family advocacy
• Computerized charting
• Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLD) certification
• Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification
• Professional bedside manner
• Diabetes, Hospice, and Stroke Patient Care
• Medical terminology
• Breastfeeding educator
• Familiarity with disease management programs
• Phone communication
• Organizational skills
• Inpatient and outpatient care
• Patient-focused care
• Blood Withdrawal certification
• CPR certification
• Venipuncture/blood draw
• Able to recognize individuals under the influence
• Able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Aware of legal and ethical standards
• Comfortable with diverse populations
• CPR and First Aid certified
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Excellent team player and community builder
• Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
• Experience working with adults
• Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records
• Familiarity with substance and mental health systems
• Familiarity with the Addiction Severity Index (ASI)
• Familiarity with the criminal justice system
• Fluent in English and Spanish languages
• Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Knowledge of health education information
• License in the state of Texas
• Proficient computer skills
• Proficient writing skills
• Ability to maintain accurate client records
• Understanding of communicable disease prevention and control
• Valid Texas Driver's License
• Excellent analytical skills
• Exemplary customer service
• Friendly and enthusiastic
• Gregarious and positive personality
• Extensive computer Strong mathematical aptitude
• Blood bank background
• Data and statistical analysis
• Neurobehavioral assessments
• Complex problem solver
• Training development
• Store maintenance
• Strategic sales
• Telecommunication skills
• Multi-line phone usage
• Conflict resolution
• Strong organizational skills
• Creative problem solver
• Listening skills
• Excellent communication skills
• MS Windows proficient
• Fast learner
• Strong client relations
• Energetic work attitude
• Conference presentation
• Academic planning
• Curriculum development
• Researcher in political science and the international issues,Recruitment/staffing
• Employee benefits
• Hiring and retention
• Strong verbal File/records maintenance
• Data management
• Reports generation and analysis
• Contract negotiation/review/drafting
• Risk management processes and analysis
• Contract auditing
• Proficiency in writing and analyzing about the terrorism and the election issues .
• Proficiency in geopolitic
• Extremely organized
• Microsoft Office
• Team leadership
• Graduate advising
• Strong research skills
• Strong knowledge of diplomacy
• Critical thinker
• Attention to detail
• Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
• Ability to provide confidence
• of support.
• Class-C driver
• Delivery experience
• Excellent personal hygiene
• Own a truck in good condition with current registration and insurance
• Forklift operation
• Able to unload shipments
• Excellent physical health
• Hard working and self motivated
• Knowledge of safe warehouse practices