• Creative photographer, passionate about photography of many different sorts and variations, acquired more than fifteen years professional photography experience working on exceptional inspiring projects that require intuitive and innovative styles.
• Seeking the position of journalist, Photographer, Videographer, Cinematographer or Pictures/Video Editor with a view to utilize my credentials and work experience towards the growth and development of the organization.
• More than fifteen years of professional experience in photography work.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Fotostation and FTP softwares.
• Good Knowledge of Bridge, Lightroom, Final-Cut Pro and Dreamweaver.
• In-depth knowledge of photo editing.
• Possess established organizational and communication skills.
• Creative, eye for detail with excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to source relevant photos as well as handle multiple projects.
• Eager to learn new things and acquire knowledge and skills
• Native Arabic Speaker and Good in English (Speaking – Writing).
• 2004-2008: Achieved Bachelor's degree in Art with A Major in Journalism
The American World University.
• 1997-1999: Diploma in Media and Public Relations in Al-Azhar University in Palestine
• International Organizations:
o Photographer and Pictures Editor:
• 2001-2009: Getty Images
• 2000-2001: United Press International UPI
• 1997-2000: Associated Press AP
• 1994-1997: Reuters
• Photographed in-state and out-of-state range of assignments.
• Wrote brief stories and captions related to daily photographs.
• Pictures editing and delivered them ASAP before the rivals.
• Covered the conflict in the war-zone, spot news, general news, daily life, sport and major events.
• Coordinate and find freelance photographers to cover the big stories
• 1992-1993: VIS-News
o DOP, Photographer and Photo Editor:
• 1999-2004: Al-Ayyam
• 1997-1999: Al-Hayah
• Directed Photographers.
• Trained and guided junior photographers.
• Perform responsibilities of hiring photographers.
• Responsible for picture research, images cropping and photo editing for the newspapers
• Coordinate with newspapers editors to identify the exact requirement of photographic content.
• Handle the tasks of conducting research, editing and presenting photographs that goes well with quality and requirement of textual content.
• Responsible for maintaining proper records and archives of photographs.
• Handle the tasks of sourcing and utilizing emerging technologies that result in advanced quality of visual media.
• Regularly covered General news, sport, events and politics.
• Wrote brief stories related to daily photographs.
Jury Committee’s Chairman:
• May 2009: Appointed as the Jury Committee’s Chairman of the Fadel Shana'a photography competition in Palestinian Territories.
• August 2009: 2nd place in the Professional Editorial: War/Conflict category in the International Photography Award (IPA).
• December 2009: 1st place in the (series news), 2nd place in the (single news) and the 3rd place in the (political) categories in the Local Testimony Exhibition in Tal Aviv.
• September 2004: presentations about the experience as a War Photographer in Seattle, USA and in London, UK in Getty Images Headquarters.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS:
• Sep. 2009: Speaker and participant in “Point of No Return", Human Conditions, Noorderlicht International Photo festival 2009, Netherlands.
• Oct. 1st 2009: The Tenth International Photography Gathering Exhibition and Festival Aleppo – Syria.
• Oct. 26th 2009: Speaker and participant in “Beware the Cost of War” - Exhibition of War Photography at the Frontline Club and Blackall Studios, London, UK.
Trainings and Courses:
• 2009-2010: participated of the World Press Photo training program for photojournalists from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
• Feb. 2013: Introduction To Cinematography including Lighting, Sound, FCP editing in METFILM School (Ealing, London,UK)