720 Gordon Terrace 6C • Chicago, IL 60613
Creative and resourceful designer with experience in corporate and non-profit settings, including the healthcare industry. Comprehensive experience in design and production from concept through finished product, including web design using Dreamweaver and HTML. Portfolio includes 4-color magazine, marketing and fundraising materials, brand identity pieces, trade books and textbooks, hand drawn and electronic illustrations. Highly proficient in QuarkXpress, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with Adobe InDesign and
Flash. Expressive typography.
PEPID, Evanston, IL 2005 – 2009
• Created 782 medical illustrations depicting anatomy, medical procedures and assorted medical diagrams using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Illustrations were used in clinical presentations.
• Adjusted final output to link compatibility to PDAs.
• Enhanced quality of illustrations resulting in increased sales of medical database to
physicians, nurses, and hospitals.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rosemont, IL 1998 – 2003
• Designed and produced 4-color bimonthly magazine. All deadlines met.
• Converted magazine to html and posted on association web site.
• Created original illustrations and stock art collages for the magazine.
• Posted medical documents on the web site.
• Drew anatomical illustrations for web site.
• Redesigned print and online in-house newsletter.
• Responsible for coordination of electronic prepress and press checks.
CASS Communications, Inc., Evanston, IL 1996 – 1997
• Designed and produced career development guides, college placement manuals, identity materials and electronic illustrations.
• Projects included: 4-color covers for career development guides for a variety of
demographic groups and illustrations for a bimonthly publication.
• Collaborated closely with client, a Hispanic career enhancement organization, to develop logos and collateral materials including a package of conference materials and a newsletter.
Loyola University Press, Chicago, IL 1988 – 1992
• Directed design and production of educational materials.
• Projects included: book design, cover design, electronic illustration, computer design and layout of promotional catalogs, composition of complex style sheets in QuarkXpress and PageMaker.
• Coordinated with editorial, art directed freelancers, and interfaced with vendors.
Freelance Clients 1993 – Present
Rebranded international road stabilization and soil conditioning company. Redesigned
logo and web site.
Centre Pointe Learning Hamilton, Ohio
Developed textbooks for varied middle and high school curricula involving science, history and technology in relation to current culture. Worked directly with client to ensure that design met the pedagogical and esthetic requirements of the authors.
Rush North Shore Medical Center
Designed and produced initial fundraising package for the hospital’s annual fund. Designed and produced fundraising and donor relations event invitation packages.
National Association of Women’s Health Care Professionals
Designed direct mail pieces and medical journal advertisements for membership
development for professional organization for hospital administrators.
Greater West Town Community Development Project
Designed and produced awareness posters for community jobs programs.
Loyola University Press
Designed and produced tradebooks, including a guide for school counselors and several poetry collections.
University of Chicago Hospitals
Developed logo and designed and produced initial fundraising package for the hospitals’ new annual fund.
Coopers & Lybrand
Designed multipurpose identity folders, stationery, and brochure for two multistate taxation practice groups.
University of Chicago Medical and Biological Sciences Alumni Association
Developed identity package; designed and produced fundraising and donor relations materials.
Helena Film Society Grant to Artists Program, Helena, MT 1982
Grant for the design and printing of a collaborative book, The Man in the Green Loden Overcoat, a juxtaposition of words and images.
Design, Computer Imaging, Macromedia Director, Typography, Flash Animation and Design Issues classes – The School of the Art Institute of Chicago Digital Bootcamp – Chicago
MFA, painting – The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
BFA – The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Medical Technology – Carroll College, Helena, MT
American Institute of Graphic Arts
Society of Typographic Artists
Chicago Artists’ Coalition