History of public and private sector jobs. Decided to learn trade. Completed Revit Arch 1 and Revit Arch Adv 2. Have completed Autocad 1 and currently working on Autocad Adv 2. Looking for a company that is willing to take a chance on someone driven to learn the industry and be successful.
308 Macaw Columbia, MO 65202 Telephone: 573-673-4964
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Accomplished and integrity-driven professional offering years of business success in corporate and private sector with a strong concentration in project management, business development, distribution, and logistics
Project Management CAD/Revit Customer Service
Logistics Sales and Marketing Distribution
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 1984
Bachelors of Environmental Design (Housing & Interior Design)
CADD TRAIN, Xeon, Inc.
CADD 1 CADD 2 Advance CADD 3D Modeling
Revit Architecture 1 Revit Architecture 2 Advance
Residential & Commercial Irrigation Design
Microsoft Office Products
MBS Textbook Exchange
Columbia, Missouri November 2010 to April 2012
Warehouse receiving / Truck crew
RSC Equipment Rental September 2008 to March 2010
Responsible for all company operations at the branch level including overall management responsibility, profit and loss, budgeting, and staffing. Demonstrate excellent customer service by conducting daily activities, communications, and interactions in a positive and professional manner. Responsible for compliance with Federal, state, OSHA and D.O.T. regulations, and the safe maintenance of company equipment.
* Maintained and improved on Net Promoter Score for TTM 75% to 76%.
* Developed cost controls in order to meet EBIT goals during hard economic times.
* Worked with outside sales people to develop territory plans, rental target accounts,
used equipment target accounts, and new account opportunity.
* Responsible for $8 million dollars in rental fleet. Worked with 3 mechanics to
to ensure proper maintenance and safety of fleet on daily basis.
* Established 5S accreditation at the branch level.
* Responsible for forecasting branch goals. Goals consisted of obtaining a positive
EBIT, staffing requirements, cost of rental, and other operating cost.
* Completed all hiring at the branch level.
* Worked with inside sales personal to establish merchandise goals, point of sale
items, and stock requirements.
* Responsible for safety at the branch level. Conducted monthly safety meetings
with employees establishing best practices to reduce accidents and injury.
Jeffrey E. Smith Companies
Columbia, Missouri May 2007 to March 2008
Director Capital Improvements & Maintenance Staff
The purpose of Capital Improvements (CIG) is to insure Jeffrey E. Smith Company properties are kept in an “as new” condition. CIG will supplement the daily activity of the maintenance personal. CIG assist in developing a scope of work for vendor projects.
* Developed a Maintenance Policy & Procedure Manual.
* Developed a scope of work for vendor projects stating specifications and desired outcome.
* Worked with Region Manager’s and Accounting to ensure funding for projects.
* Put in place procedures for requesting CIG assistance.
* Assisted Property Manager’s in training of new Maintenance Staff.
* Set up preventative maintenance schedule to prolong the life of a property.
* Worked with government agencies to secure funds for property improvements.
* Worked with Vice President to identify target projects by quarter.
Superior Irrigation of Columbia, Inc
Columbia, Missouri March 2002 to May 2007
Established Superior Irrigation in March 2002. Created a vision and provided hands on leadership for the company. Established strong financial backing, implemented processes and a reporting system, developed a business plan, marketed and grew the business. Established a goal of $ 1 million in sales within five years.
* Increased from $ 136,949 first year sales to over $ 931,488 in 2006.
* Increased profits from 6.5% the first year to 15.1% in 2006
* Achieved 93% of sales goal within five year plan.
* Started the company with 2 employees and currently have over 18 employees.
* Successfully completed 450 residential and commercial installations.
* Current supplier with Superior Irrigation over four years.
* Created a partnership with Rost Landscaping in 2006.
Columbia, Missouri March 2001 to March 2002
Responsible for successful operations and overall performance at Columbia, MO branch. Concentration on operations management and business development. Accountable for profit & loss, business plan, marketing and promotions.
* Implemented new and efficient system for order processing.
* Met or exceeded revenue goals 10 out of 12 months.
American Red Cross
Columbia, Missouri March 2000 to March 2001
Regional Sales Manager
Hired as Region Sales Manager to increase business development and reengineer business processes. Responsible for working with 6 Territory Managers and 24 Sales People. Day to day activities included, sales training, territory planning, process implementation, and one-on-one training sessions.
* Implemented sales processes to increase blood drive frequency.
* Worked with OSHA Department to meet operational guidelines within industry.
United Parcel Service
Columbia and St. Louis, Missouri May 1982 to March 2000
Operations Manager – Marketing Manager – Sales Manager – Training Manager
Started with UPS as a package handler. Promoted to supervisor of operations within one year. Work as night sort supervisor for one year and UPS requested I transfer to St. Louis to help open new Earth City Hub expansion. Promoted to Operations Manager within five years. My career path at UPS allowed me to develop my strengths in reengineering business processes, defining continuous improvement processes, presiding over brainstorming sessions, building consensus, recognizing peer strengths, delegating the “right task” to the “right person”, and building teams that are very effective.
* Responsible for sort operations. Accountable for 13 supervisor’s and 220 employees. Sort consisted of unloading and loading 165,000 packages in a 3 hour span.
* Certified in S.P.I.N. Selling, Major Account Selling, and Situational Sales Negotiation.
* Graduate of Georgia Tech Project Management and Strategic Planning Seminar.
* Implemented the Missouri District Marketing Department including hiring of candidates and break down of job descriptions.
* Developed Missouri District Business Plan that included functional initiatives to drive the $ 386 million dollar goal.
* Designed and put into practice the “Back to Basics” sales training in the Missouri District.
* Implemented Sales Force 2000 using marketing concepts to segment the sales force and assign proper accounts.
* Implemented the National Accounts program in the Missouri District. In addition, coordinated training the account executives in new computer program called LINK.
* On site National Account Executive for Maritz and Citicorp accounts.
* Implemented Origin Destination Center for processing international packages.
* Conducted focus group meetings on employee retention, sales processes, and operation improvements.
* Worked with industrial engineering to improve processes in unload to increase output per hour.