No.40, 5th Main Road, New Colony, Chromepet, Chennai 600 044
15 + years of experience (7 years in BPO Quark, Indesign, Graphic and Prepress) in Pre-press Operations - Leading a team of 50 excellent pre-press professionals – Book Work. Expertise in Creation and execution of job plans, resource planning, capacity utilization and overseeing projects from start to completion - strong knowledge of print production, Prepress, Typesetting, DTP, Premedia work, PDF Edition, print production including output generation, color separating and four-color printer techniques - high proficiency in digital graphic technology - strong interpersonal and leadership skills - seeking Team Leader position in Printing/
Pre-press divisions of reputed companies.
1. Quark and Indesign Template creation
2. Chart and Graphic work (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator)
3. Knowledge in Imagesetter, CTP and Impose software Pixel Stream.
4. Color correction
5. Advertising Layout, Book Work, Brochure,
Financial Report, Annual Report, Leaflet
6. Cover page creation
7. Brochure, Newsletter, Weekly and Monthly Magazine
8. Job Estimate Planning for team members, job allegation
9. Preflight (Premedia) work
10. Trainer in fresh candidate.
11. Job Quality check as per client requirement.
13. . Responsible for all aspects of production: format and page design, galleys and page proofs, page checks, photos and figures, check copy, cover/case design. Maintains records of all volumes in production
? Hands on designing
? A solid understanding of User Interface design.
? Experience in Pre press in MAC & PC environment
? Ability to coordinate a design team and help them come to a consensus.
? Ability to work with others to come up with a set of artistic paradigms
? Ability to work with and improve on an artistic paradigm that was created by other graphic designers.
? Expertise in pagination and template creation in Quark and Indesign
? Experienced in Adobe Page Maker, QuarkExpress, Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat & Pitshop Professional.
? Well versed in Preps imposing software work for Pixel Stream, Imagesetter, RIP Software.
? 2 years of experience in Training people in QuarkXpress, Indesign, DTP, Graphic and Pre-press work
1. Senior Creative Specialist (Team Leader) June.2007 to 2010
Williams Lea (Corporate Information solutions), Chennai
• Monitor departmental quantitative quality goals and measures
• Coordinate execution of production and project plan
• Help establish and communicate performance goals, objectives, and standards
• Appraise performance and recommend compensation actions
• Ensure adequate staffing resources in keeping with departmental strategies and projections
• Troubleshoot capacity/resource issues. Make recommendations for corrective action
• Develop and maintain strong customer and team relationship: advice customers of resource (cost/time) implications of production decisions
• Make judgment calls on escalated issues involving staff, customers, and/or production scheduling conflicts
2. Lead Graphic Designer (Project Co-ordinator) Dec.2003 to May 2007
Office Tiger Database Systems India Pvt. Ltd. Chennai
? Responsible for creation and execution of job plans, resource planning, capacity utilization and overseeing projects from start to completion.
? Troubleshooting and rectifying of technical issues as and when necessary.
? Responsible for administering training for new graphic designers. and Proof Readers
? Coordinating training requirement of all production staff, keeping them informed of all new developments and initiatives.
? Ensuring 100% quality adherence of all projects worked as per correct templates in QuarkXpress and Indesign, standards and client specifications.
? Maintain open communication with Admin and proactively informs the latter of any production updates, as and when pages flow through proofreading.
? Monitors flow of job into DS and QC and ensures that any QC bottlenecks that are slowing down the job are flagged to the Client Managers.
? Ensure that one-on-one feedback reaches individual Leads on any client supplied and/or internal feedback.
? Ensures that all relevant Checklists are signed at every stage of proofreading.
? Conducts spot checks and periodic audits on all reporting and process to ensure 100% compliance.
? Ensures universal communication is generated via the EMS and that all DS and QCs are using the EMS.
? Ensures that DS/QCs are accurately filing out Production 100%, quality 100% report at the end of every shift.
Press Press Operator *** Shift Supervisor
Nagaraj & Company Pvt. Limited (An ISO Company) (Amra Press) Jan.2001 to Nov.2003
DTP Operator *** Supervisor
C.L.S Press (Formerly Diocesan Press) Aug. 1992 to Dec.2000
? B.Com (Academic Year 1986-1989)
University of Madras
? Government of Tamil Nadu certification in English Typewriting - Higher Grade (May 1984)
? Government of Tamil Nadu certification in Tamil Typewriting - Junior Grade (Dec 1992)
? Diploma in Computer Application (Sep 1992 to June 1993)
Father's Name : S. Laximanan Reddiar (Late)
Date of Birth : 10th May 1967
*** : Male
Nationality : Indian
Languages Known : English, Tamil and Telugu
Date : 01.4.11