Boston Housing Authority Volunteer Interpreter January 2013 - Now
Wei Shi Overseas Consultants Ltd., Guangzhou, China August 2003 – December 2009
Education Project Manager (2007 – 2009)
* Managed the Overseas Study Department.
* Planned and promoted education projects.
* Coordinated student recruitment seminars for overseas schools/colleges.
* Advised clients on all aspects of oversea study.
* Verified school and visa application documentation.
* Provided training to clients in visa interviewing skills.
Senior Consultant (2006 –2007)
* Applied for student visas; completed visa application forms and translated visa related documentation.
* Managed client documentation in preparation for Canadian investment immigration.
Translator and Consultant (2003 – 2006)
* Coordinated cooperative school and college information.
* Provided advice to clients studying in UK and Australia.
* Translated documents for various companies.
Cytech Technology Ltd., Guangdong, China May 2000 – June 2003
Customer Service Secretary
* Arranged import shipments and prepared all necessary documents for customs declaration.
* Followed orders from receipt through invoicing.
* Handled warehouse operations, including maintaining an accurate and up-to-date inventory, packing and scheduling delivery.
* Coordinated communication between Hong Kong headquarters and other China offices.
* Provided before and after-sales service for customers in South China.
* Managed product information and sales documents, including enquiries, quotations, contracts and invoices.
H. B. S. Consultant Co., Ltd., Guangzhou, China July 1999 – April 2000
* Provided assistance to foreign employees with working visa applications and resident permits.
* Answered phones and screen calls. Provided information and responded to questions.
* Greeted visitors, ascertained their needs and provided information as required.
* Provided general clerical support.