1313 W Ball St.
Weatherford, TX 76086
- To provide visual communications solutions for in-house design departments and/or outside firms that complete assignments that meet both the internal and external visual communications needs of the company and/or clients.
Verbal and Written Communication Experience:
- Written more than 1,000 reports for marketing firms, state government, and private investigators on the quality of customer service, store appearance, policy compliance, and legal compliance at banks, apartment communities, retailers, restaurants, among others.
- Conducted and participated in meetings as both a sales associate and a manager in teams from under 10 people to more than 50 people.
- Communicating to an audience of up to more than 30,000 people on Radio and TV while studying Radio and Television Communications at Dodge City Community College. This included play by play for college and high school football and basketball, TV news broadcasts, and hosting own radio show.
- Following a digital work flow including research, gathering materials, sketches, comps, and final comps.
- Completed packaging design for a family of six flavors of craft beer including a prototype for a six pack carrier with graphics.
- Designed written art tour with images and type in Art History: Prehistory to the Early Modern Era using InDesign.
- Completed a DVD Cover in Advanced Typography.
- Designed a magazine ad using digitally imposed type over a scanned, mixed media illustration that used soft pastels, acrylics, water colors, charcoal, and graphite.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2010.
- Adobe Illustrator CS5, Photoshop CS5, InDesign CS5, Adobe Bridge and Mini Bridge and Acrobat Pro for Windows. A working knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver.
…continued Page 2
- Self-Employed, Independent Mystery Shopping and Merchandising, 2010 to Present, acting and an independent representative of more than fifty marketing firms, state agencies, and private investigators. Used to pay expenses while working towards Graphic Design Associates Degree with the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online.
- Jamak Fabrication, Weatherford, TX Extrusion Operator 2008 to June 2009, operated Extrusion Press and other machines on four separate lines, filled out paperwork required for each customer, and met deadlines.
- Scooter’s Coffee House, 2006, served coffee, second job to supplement income after work injury at Artistic Design Lawn and Landscape
- Artistic Design Lawn and Landscape, 2005 to 2006, landscape maintenance and carpentry.
- RadioShack Corporation, Kansas City, Ks. and Overland Park, Ks, 1997 – 2005, 4 years of sales associate and 4 years of store manager, scheduled work hours, supervised projects, conducted employee evaluations, and training meetings. $200,000 sales award in first year and three consecutive $250,000 sales awards helping store go from $600,000 to more than $1.1 million in annual sales.
- Danco Oil Tools, Ulysses, KS., 1994 – 1996, Oil and gas well tool rental.
- J&L Smith Farms/Tri-Rotor Spray and Chemical, Ulysses, Ks. 1992 – 1994, Primary responsibilities included preparing chemicals for air planes, fueling aircraft, keeping cockpit windows clean, keeping aircraft clean, and operating rig that helicopters landed on for fuel and chemical mixes, shared responsibility in corn and wheat harvest, field work, hauling grain, and shared responsibilities in a hog farm with more than 2000 head of hogs.
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online 2010 to current, Associate of Arts Degree in Graphic Design by first half of 2014, 3.91/4.0 GPA.
- Dodge City Community College, Dodge City, Ks. 1991 to 1992, Radio and Television Communications major.