I am a freelance writer with a penchant for proofreading. I love researching, reviewing and resolving issues. When I write, instructional and how-to pieces are my favorite. I also enjoy sharing my opinions with reviews. My willingness to take on new projects and topics is infinite. I love a challenge!
Before venturing into the world of freelance writing, I spent 10 years working for a health insurance company. The first five years were spent in a billing department where I reconciled billing, drafted letters for member notifications, created workflow documents and responded to complaints from our department issues up to formal complaints filed with state Department of Insurance agencies. I also designed an informational website for our customer service teams to reference the general information of our policies.
During the second five years, I worked for our wellness program areas. I responded to inquiries from members and employers alike. I drafted monthly letters for, and participated with, our Rewards & Recognition program. I also served as a team lead for a two year project to transfer our paper questionnaire to an automated format.
Some of my skills include 65 words per minute typing and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point systems. I have excellent written and verbal communications skills and an exceptional attention to detail.
• Co-Author of a self-published ebook entitled “The Happiness Catalyst”
• My Personal Blogs:
• Published Articles:
Associated Content: http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/758022/christine_marie.html
Proofread a 47K+ word novel by British author Sarah Ann Juckes
• Creation of themed monthly reminders for a rewards program
• Contribute ideas for cosmetic and editorial changes to websites
• Create informational website
• Design workflow documents for internal processes
• Draft correspondence for various purposes to be sent to individuals and/or mass mailing lists
• Develop standard responses for customer service team
*Examples can be provided
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point systems
• Very well organized
• Able to multi-task easily
• Adaptable to change and able to learn quickly
• Typing skills at approximately 65 words per minute
• Exceptional attention to detail
I had the pleasure of having Christine proofread my young adult novel in hope that she would spot typos or spelling/punctuation errors that I had missed in the text. I am so pleased I found her! Christine went out of her way to give a professional reading, working to a tight schedule and adapting this according to my demands. I am more than happy with what she found - I am not sure I could have got it finished without her. I fully recommend Christine to other authors. Reliable, professional and a lovely person!
Sarah Ann Juckes (Author of The Existence of Jonathan)