Ambitious story-teller with professional and personal experience writing in print and web mediums. Seeking opportunity to build portfolio, grow skillset and, most importantly, make enormous contribution for individuals and organizations that encourage and appreciate creativity.
- Strong lede writing
- Ability to quickly process information and identify story
- Knowledgeable of AP-style writing guidelines
- Adept with blog publishing platforms (Wordpress, Tumblr) and analytic tools (Google Analytics, Site Meter)
- Active in multiple social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Work well independently and in teams
- Extremely personable, enthusiastic and optimistic
Yesmail Interactive [ Chicago, IL ]
- Wrote for company blog
- Managed relationships and email marketing enhancement initiatives of high-profiled clients (Kimberly-Clark, Brown Shoe, United Airlines)
- Developed first-of-its-kind monthly mobile usage report for Kimberly-Clark and Brown Shoe
- Performed high-traffic quality assurance of email content, images and URLs for United Airlines during critical merger period with Continental
The Ocean Agency [ Chicago, IL ]
Content Developer Intern
- Wrote more than 35 onsite and offsite SEO-optimized articles for clients (Nuts on Clark, Judge Mathis, Jameson Real Estate)
- Conducted pre-project research to assist team in landing our largest client (CPA Lead)
- Contributed to birth of in-house content network
AIU Online [ Chicago, IL ]
- Accepted inquiries from prospective students and assessed their potential to enroll in a degree program at the university as well as identified the proper program based on their aptitude
- Set-up 1-on-1 online presentations to highlight the university as a choice decision
Office of Public Affairs at Cal State San Bernardino [ San Bernardino, CA ]
Web Writer Intern
- Wrote several press releases for the university website and local and regional media distribution
- Hand-picked by managing editor of CSUSB magazine to write a featured article for the Summer 2008 issue
- Interviewed subjects for press release and magazine efforts (university president, Miss Black San Bernardino) and facilitated photo opportunity
Cal State San Bernardino, 04/05 – 06/08
- B.A. Communications // 3.05 Major G.P.A.
- COMM 243A // PRAC: JRN/PHOTO // Completed
- COMM 240 // Writing for Media // B-
- ENG 306 // Expository Writing English // A
- COMM 309 // Computer Mediated COMM // B-
- COMM 401 // Gender, Race & Media // B
- COMM 320 // Media History & Institutions // A-
- COMM 491 // Ethical Aspects COMM // A
- COMM 591D // Internship/Extern // Completed
- Founded, edited, wrote and designed “Blog Down, Chicago Bears”, a Bears fan site. Active from 2008 to 2010, the site garnered mentions on ESPNChicago.com, SI.com, ProFootballTalk.com and NFL.com and received more than 1,000 unique visitors per day at its peak. Appeared on WBEZ radio in Chicago to discuss Bears football.
- Currently working on debut novel.
- Currently working on submission for Writer’s Digest ‘Short Short Short Story Writing Competition’.
- Attended multiple one-night classes at the Story Studio Writer’s Workshop in Chicago.