To be a successful independent contractor in the transcription field.
CanScribe Career Centre Student/2012
Medical Transcription Course
Comprehensive 950 hour online Medical Transcription Course, utilizing the Career Step curriculum which included keyboard kinetics, grammar & style, proofreading, editing, medical terminology, human anatomy, disease processes, pharmacology, abbreviations, medical specialties and transcription of over 1,000 reports of various types (including history and physical, clinic notes, acute care, discharge summaries, operative notes and radiology reports).
• Knowledge of medical terminology and the various medical specialties
• Ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner.
• Ability to use designated reference materials.
• Ability to operate designated word processing.
• Typing skills of 65 wpm.
RELEVANT WORK HISTORY
CanScribe Practicum April/2012
100 hour medical transcription practicum
• Familiarity with account instructions
• Worked independently
• Effective use of online references
• Familiarity with Book of Style version 3
Executive Assistant 2007-Present
Metro Club of Winnipeg
• Keep minutes of Board of Directors meetings.
• Prepare and distribute notices of the Association and a weekly bulletin.
• Keep records of the Association.
• Manage the website for the Association.
Elementary School Teacher 2000-2004
River East Transcona School Division
• Teach all basic subjects to students grades 5 and 6.
• Teach basic French.
Available on request