Summary: Experienced project manager, researcher, and writer with wide range of skills including developing content/communication strategies, developing and implementing processes and process improvement plans, and managing complex projects with global teams; outstanding communication skills, commitment to quality, detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
Microsoft Office Professional Suite, XHTML, Concentra, FrameMaker 6.0 + SGML, WebWorks Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Arbortext/Epic, Vignette-Concentra, Vasont, SnagIt, Windows, UNIX, VI
January 2010 to present, Student
• Attended Colorado State University, Teaching English as a Second Language, M. A. (on hold).
• Currently attending Washburn University School of Law, J.D., 2013.
November 2006 to January 2010, Hewlett-Packard Co. – Senior Technical Writer/Team Lead
• Responsible for managing a high volume of content in support of HP StorageWorks products.
• Research, develop, and implement process improvement strategies and plans resulting in 30% cost reduction in first quarter while maintaining average turn around time of 7 days.
• Work with key stakeholders to research, develop, and execute project plan for integration of support communication processes into existing information engineering processes, which included use of Arbortext/Epic and Vasont.
February 2002 to November 2006, Hewlett-Packard Co. – Web Content Manager/Partner Content
• Research, edit, and author web content in support of critical HP product announcements to a global audience.
• Provide training and documentation to users of Vignette-based content management system.
• Represent the Developer and Solution Partner Program to the broader HP community.
• Develop feasible and phased process improvement plans for existing web content and web site usability.
• Research and define customer and partner requirements to write and publish web-based business and technical content.
• Create web pages within the parameters of HP guidelines and industry standards for web development (including accessibility) using XHTML.
June 2000 to January 2002, S&T Consulting – Project Manager/Consumer Product Documentation
• Work closely with all areas of product development – from product design through localization, packaging, and shipping – to successfully plan and manage content deliverables on time and within budget.
• Responsible for detailed business communication between customer (Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging) and the S&T Consulting staff.
• Manage complex projects for consumer product documentation (software & hardware) including final content editing and program team approval.
OTHER EXPERIENCE/COMMUNITY SERVICE
October 2007 to present, Volunteer, CASA of Larimer County
• Work as a Court Appointed Special Advocate for children who are dependent and neglected.
• Spend time with families and children to gather factual information for court review.
• Write reports concerning child welfare and activities to assist Magistrate in decisions making concerning the children in a specific case.
• Work along side the caseworkers and attorneys to help evaluate the family situation and provide independent review in representation of the children.
July 2001 to 2004, Mayor, Town of Timnath, CO
• Successfully propose, negotiate, and pass key ordinances and ballot issues that significantly improved the town's financial prospects.
• Work across communities to develop and enhance long-term professional business relationships.
• Collaborate with Trustees and the public to develop a feasible, phased and sustainable development plan to accommodate "smart growth" for a small town facing the impact of projected 112% growth over 10 years.
• Manage complex projects to ensure that all Town activities are cost effective, timely, and in the best interests of the public.
• Analyze expenditures and programs and propose yearly budgets based on generated sales and property tax revenue.
• Organize, plan, and lead public meetings concerning a variety of topics including growth, sewer, road enhancements, and future development.
B.A. Literature & Journalism, University of California at Santa Cruz, 1990
J.D. Candidate, Washburn University School of Law, 2013
Managing Documentation Projects – SkillTech Institute
Plan, Develop and Evaluate Training – Center for Performance Technology
Constructing On-line Documentation – SkillTech Institute
Technical Writing Workshop – American Management Association
Developing a Single-Source Strategy – Seminars in Usable Design
XML Essentials for Developers – IT-Dynamics
Available upon request