Technical Editor and Writer
Proven, superior English; proficient in MS Office Professional (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), capable in SharePoint, FrontPage, Robohelp, Acrobat, and Visio.
Project manager with leading scientific research firm: “I’ve never seen anything so thorough”.
Especially skillful in solving complex word processing formatting problems.
Proposal director for a top five communications firm:
“every section you touched has been improved”.
Experienced in accepting projects with no prior knowledge.
+Solutions to Formatting Problems
+Thorough, detailed, authoritative editing solutions
+Proficient in Microsoft Word,
+Skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
* Verizon: 4.2 billion-dollar, 3000-page winning proposal
* Northrop Grumman: multiple proposals several million to several billion dollars
* Sybex Books: five aftermarket computer books
* US Department of Health and Human Services: certification and accreditation (C&A) of 21 systems
* US Department of Homeland Security: system and sub-system design documents
* US Department of Transportation: templates and styles, template content C&A documents
PROFESSIONAL HISTORY HIGHLIGHTS
Contract Technical Editor and Writer
Herndon, Virginia 1994 - Present
* Verizon: wrote and edited 3000-page winning proposal responding to GSA’s RFP seeking a contractor Networx, the 4.2 billion-dollar follow-on contract to FTS2001;
* Northrop Grumman: wrote and edited proposals in response to U.S. Government RFPs information technology services with values ranging from several million to several billion dollars; developed and implemented document development and management system using specialized templates, procedures, styles, toolbars, and forms;
* Sybex Books, an imprint of John Wiley Publishing: edited the 1200-page manual Mastering AutoCAD 2008, the 500-page technical manual Mastering System Center Data Protection Manager 2008 and four other books. John Wiley Publishing is perhaps best known as publisher of the “Dummies” books;
* State government client of Computer Sciences Corporation: wrote user manual political election campaign groups’ use in electronic filing of political campaign and funding data;
* U.S. Department of Labor: wrote and edited text and corrected formatting of multiple CMMI templates process improvement projects; directed maintenance of document library using PVCS Version Manager;
* U.S. Department of Transportation: developed structure of templates and styles, and provided high-level substantive editing of boiler-plate text in template certification and accreditation (C&A) documents, such as RARs, SSPs, ST&Es, and POA&Ms;
* U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: wrote and edited edited INFOSEC documents, including SSPs, RARs, and supporting materials C&A of 21 information systems containing sensitive national and international health data;
* U.S. Department of Homeland Security: wrote and edited system and sub-system design documents comprehensive upgrade of U.S. Customs Service’s tracking and tariffs programs in preparation transfer of Customs’ function to the Department of Homeland Security;
* U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: created word processing templates used in producing performance-based statements of work and task orders; edited statements of work 80 new performance-based contracts;
* U.S. Department of Justice: wrote and edited system boundaries document, cost-benefit analysis, and other documents related to the software development life cycle and the e-mail archiving program;
* ExxonMobil’s industrial safety program: edited on-line and off-line manuals, quick-start guide on data entry and reporting, and white paper; tested program usability by international staff;
* Hewlett Packard: wrote and edited ISP installation and set-up manuals, system and program documentation, user guides, briefings, presentation, and reports.
* A leading civil engineering firm: wrote and edited and structured 97 documents, adapting them for selective use in preparation of the firm’s proposals.
M.A., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
B.A., University of the Pacific, Stockton, California
Senior Member, Society for Technical Communication
Volunteer Editor, World Wide Web Consortium