• University of Nebraska–Lincoln - Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies
• 3d visualization and animation / multimedia specialist
• Adjunct instructor “Beginning and Intermediate 3D Studio MAX”: Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NE
• 3D Studio Max modeling, animation and rendering, proficient in Vray, Mental Ray, Photoshop, and AutoCAD
• Freelance 3D visualization, owning software licenses for 3D Studio MAX, Vray, Maxwell Render, Sketchup, and Adobe products, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After-effects, and Soundbooth
Autodesk 3D Studio MAX
Audacity Audio Editor
Microsoft Office Outlook
• Twenty-plus years creating 3D computer models, architectural animations, renderings and visualization studies using 3D Studio MAX, AutoCAD, Vray, Mental Ray and Google Sketchup.
• Twenty–plus years producing architectural plans and details for use as design development and contract documents using AutoCAD.
• Experience working with architects and designers, interpreting their sketches and plans, building their concepts in a virtual 3D world.
• Extensive knowledge of the computer animation process, equipment and software required, and network rendering setup.
• Experience working with engineers to storyboard and animate the assembly of prototypical wind towers to a script.
• Created graphics and edited images with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
• Converted Autodesk Revit and Google Sketchup models to 3DS MAX format to produce high-quality renderings and animations.
• Compiled image sequences rendered in 3D Studio MAX using Vray and Mental Ray into digital animation files utilizing Adobe Premiere and Adobe After-Effects for computer presentation and DVD playback.
• Developed extensive knowledge of the computer animation process and the equipment, software and resources needed to produce high quality animations and 3D visualizations.
• Gained Revit experience from training and Revit model manipulation for visualization purposes. Researched Revit visualization methodology.
Adjunct faculty, 3D animation at MCC, Omaha, NE: 04/2007 – Current
I teach a beginning and an intermediate 3D Studio Max course at Metropolitan Community College in Omaha, NE, instructing students in the production of architectural 3D computer modeling, animations and visualizations.
Freelance 3D visualization and animation: 1999 – Current
I develop 3D models, renderings, animations and multimedia for architects and engineers needing assistance communicating their design concepts. My clients include Valmont Industries, Northstar Wind Towers, Banwo Inc. Architecture, Engineering and Construction. Produced CADD details for Reward Walls.
Computer Animation and Multimedia Specialist, Leo A Daly Co: 04/1994-3/2011
Responsible for the production of 3D computer models, renderings and animations for architectural visualization and multi-media presentations to clients. Production work, including design development documents, contract documents, and architectural details when not producing multi-media. The recommendation of computer equipment and software for multi-media specialists throughout the company, and management of the animation render farm.
Intern Architect & Computer Animator, Richard D Nelson Co: 01/1990 - 04/1994
Responsible for the creation of Architectural 3D models, renderings and animations. Architectural production work creating contract documents and standard details. Assistance in the management and maintenance of the CADD network.
Education and Training
Date Issuing Institution Qualification Course of Study
05/1989 University of Nebraska - Lincoln Bachelor's Degree Architecture
Honors & Activities
Recognized by the Mid America Council of the Boy Scouts of America for volunteer efforts creating drawings and 3D renderings for the rebuilding of the tornado-devastated Little Sioux Scout Ranch in Little Sioux, IA. Received team and illustration awards and multiple spot bonuses at Leo A Daly. Belonged to the college of Architecture Student AIA at UNL.
Available upon request.