Published author and seasoned professional with a bachelor’s degree in communications, eight years of human resources experience, more than ten years of administrative experience, and twenty years of creative writing experience seeks a career position with a well-established organization offering attractive benefits and a stable future.
Kaplan University, Graduation Date: June 2011
Bachelor of Science in Communications - Organizational Communication
• Organizational Communications
• Interpersonal Communications in Organizations
• Communication and Conflict
• Group Dynamics and Team Building
• Theories and Applications in Organizational Settings
• Effective and Appropriate Communication in the Workplace
• Communication and Organizational Change
• Advocacy and Opposition in the Modern Workplace
• Strategic Communication
Author/Screenwriter, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Mar 2000 - Present
• 1 published short story – The Cold War, Aphleion-webzine.com, 2002 12 completed scripts for a pilot season of a proposed television series – registered as RF OUT
• 2 completed feature-length screenplays, one registered – LUCY’S NOTE
Contributing Author, Quicksylver, Inc
Jan 2010 – Sep 2011
QuickSylver specializes in publishing science fiction, fantasy adventure, and horror fiction as well as producing films, working with previously undiscovered authors and filmmakers.
• Editing novels and short stories
• Submitting original work for inclusion in publications; 2 published short stories – The Obol and The Replacement, SylverMoon Chronicles: Volume II, 2011
• Composing press releases for upcoming publications and events
• Served as Vice President of Publications from March 2010 to June 2011
Training and Compliance Data Analyst, Asplundh Tree Expert Co., Palm City, FL
Jan 2012 – Present
Office Administrator/HR/Data Analyst, Asplundh Tree Expert Co., Palm City, FL
Jan 2004 – Aug 2011
Asplundh performs line clearance services for utility companies across North America, Australia, and New Zealand
• Managed communication – coordinating all corporate and management communication with regional field operations
• Maintained records – implemented zero turn-around time on data entry to maintain accurate files and ensure DOT and certification compliance for 600+ employees
• Implemented regular audits and information tracking using a Microsoft Access database designed specifically for company use.
• Analyzed data in employee files to ensure compliance to company certification program
• Coordinated small monthly meetings and large annual meeting, including but not limited to making travel and hotel arrangements and coordinating with hotel staff for meals and meeting rooms.
• Provided regional administrative support to corporate benefits administration
HR Coordinator, Contractor - Ocwen Loan Servicing, West Palm Beach, FL
Oct 2011 – Jan 2012
Ocwen is one of the ten largest companies servicing loans in the United States.
• HRIS and records management - processing documents for new hires (e.g. creating employee files, entering employee data into ADP)
• Payroll support - adjusting time cards in ADP Timeshare
• Responding to wage and employment verifications
• Benefits administration – processing new enrollments on Smartbene.com, auditing enrollment forms to ensure completion, terminating benefits for former employees
Copy Writer/Sales Support, James Crystal Radio Group, West Palm Beach, FL,
Mar 1999 Apr 2000
James Crystal Radio Group operated a collection of radio stations broadcasting in Palm Beach County, FL - including 979. WRMF (Adult Contemporary), 92.1 X (Rhythmic Adult Contemporary), and WJNA News Radio.
• Wrote original copy for :30 second radio advertisements, eliminating expenditure on outsourced copy writing service
• Produced presentations for sales staff resulting in 10% increase in radio ad sales, adding to company profits
• Managed events and provided administrative support to promotions department
MS Office applications:
ADP, ADP TimeSaver