Kevin C. Norris
Award winning editor, writer, director, designer for print and web.
• Final Cut Pro
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Dreamweaver
• Microsoft Office
• Mac & Windows OS
• Editing, Screenwriting, Cinematography
• Rocket '78, feature film script purchased in 2006 by Teledu Apollo
• The Finnian Cycle, short film, Henninger Collaborative Artist Award
• Evolution of Evolution: 150 Years of Darwin's On the Origin of Species, interactive web site
• To What Degree, series on climate change
• Interviews, series, short form documentaries and live webcasts for the National Science Foundation Website
? Psychic Numbing
? Math: What's the Problem?
? Grand Challenges for Engineering
? What it's Like to be a Bat
? Standing Strong: 2009 Earthquake tests
• Corporate videos and documentaries for the American Correctional Association via Capitol Communication Systems
? ****** Harassment in Corrections
? Inmate Management System
? Managing the Older Offender
? Cage Your Rage: Audio Book
? History of Corrections in America Documentary
• Chalk Talk, short form science series for students
• Green Revolution, series on green technology for students
• Los Angeles Academy of Fine Arts, production of online classes
• KHEIR Center, annual promotional video for non-profit community clinic
National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA Jan 2008 – Oct 2011
Video Production Specialist
Worked as producer and lead editor on projects for national exposure, as well as assisting on design projects for print and web.
Tandberg Television Los Angeles, CA Oct 2005 – July 2007
Master Control Operator
Developed new processes to streamline production of interactive television systems for Home Shopping Network, Discovery Channel, and Game Show Network.
Ambush Entertainment Los Angeles, CA Aug 2005 - Dec 2005
Office and production assistance for Independent film company, wrote coverage for feature film scripts.
AU 16mm Filmmaking Program Washington, DC Summer 2004 & 2005
Taught film theory and hands-on production in intensive 3-week course.
Moondog Entertainment Washington, DC May 2003 – Dec 2003
Supervised summer interns; worked with producers and assigned tasks. Coordinated national location shoots
Capitol Communication Systems Crofton, MD Dec 1999 – June 2002
Managed all aspects of production, including shooting, post-production and distribution. Wrote and edited shooting scripts for production, graphic design and typesetting for university and trade publications.
American University Washington, DC
MFA, Film & Video Production
St. Mary’s College of MD St. Mary’s City, MD