Objective: Looking for position to utilize my writing and communication skills.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Reliable and responsible.
• Trustworthy and intelligent.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• A self-starter who takes initiative.
• Adept at meeting tight deadlines.
• Superb communication skills.
• Great and loveable personality.
• Up to date on technology including social media.
Relevant Work Experience:
• I currently develop and am the publisher/writer for WellBeing Stadium, which is a blog/website dedicated to healthy living, wellbeing and a conscious lifestyle.
• Strong knowledge of WordPress and Weaver Pro II, where I can develop and update websites with ease.
• I have excellent knowledge and experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest and Youtube.
• Ability to update websites.
• Reported and wrote news stories for publication, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranged interviews with people who can provide information about a particular story.
• Reviewed copy and corrected errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Gathered information about events through research, interviews, experience and attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social and other functions.
• Familiar with CP and Chicago style.
• Have had articles published in Caledon/Erin quarterly magazine, Sideroads, the Orangeville Business and Industrial Review 2007, a King Township quarterly magazine, Tapestry, as well as the Newmarket/Aurora Era Banner.
• Received honourable mention in the Signal-Star Sports Award for Best Sports Story.
• Received the Carl Fletcher Award for Best Sports Reporter.
• Received honourable mention in the Andy Dugan Memorial Award for Most Dedicated Student.
• Familiar with using new age digital cameras.
• Take pictures of individuals, families and small groups, either in studio or on location.
• Scan photographs into computers for editing, storage, and electronic transmission.
• Received the Carmen’s Foto Source Photo Award and honourable mentions of best sports photo.
• Recognition for sports photo contest for Sweat (official magazine of the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association).
• Working knowledge of videography, developing related-video for on-line use.
• Working knowledge of QuarkXpress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
• Adept at creating eye-catching layout in programs such as Quark Xpress and Adobe InDesign.
• Knowledge of creation of optimized press ready PDFs.
• Excellent knowledge of both PC and Macintosh computers.
Blogger (self-employed) WellBeing Stadium March 2012-present
Sports Reporter/Photographer Caledon Citizen/King January 2008-July 2011
Tecumseth Times/Innisfil Scope
Writer (Intern) Biotechnology Focus/ July-October 2007
Laboratory Focus magazine
Photographer/Reporter SNAP Aurora magazine June 2007-Jan. 2008
Freelance Reporter Erin Advocate newspaper October 2006-Jan. 08
Reporter/Editor Conestoga College newspaper 2004-2006
Reporter/Photographer Stratford City Gazette (work placement) 2006
Journalism-Print & Broadcasting Conestoga College 2006
OSSD Scared Heart C.H.S. 2003
• Bill Rea, managing editor of Caledon Publishing and Simcoe-York Printing & Publishing Ltd. – (905) 857-6626
• Chris Simon, editor of Innisfil Scope – (705) 294-0318
• Wendy Soloduik, editor of New Tecumseth Times – (416) 459-2276