For four years I have been in and out of customer service. Also I’m college educated yet young enough to be flexible with a full online portfolio which you can find the links to both on the top of this message and my resume. I have also have coded and designed a website and I am very comfortable with freelance. Given these things and my field of study I would be a great candidate for your position and a valuable contribution to your team.
As a graduate in Advertising from the University of Idaho I have been studying some of the latest marketing techniques. I also have a background in Graphic Design and have extensive experience working on a team. I was a Teaching Assistant for the Creative Advertising Class for a semester and taught the 15 min section on analyzing advertisements every Friday. Also the fact that I understand the ins and outs of the Advertising industry as well as Graphic Design makes me a valuable employee in the aspect that I can understand the lingo of two industries enabling me to play well with others.
I am versatile in many aspects that I am as comfortable on a Macintosh as I am on a PC. Microsoft Office, Text Wrangler, and Adobe Creative Suite 4 and 5 are just a few of the programs among the many I am proficient in. I am friendly as a puppy, polite and professional.
I look forward to meeting with you and discussing this opportunity further. Have a great day.
Nicola L. Kumler
Production Artist/Graphic Designer
2333 Stace St #1
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
• (current job) Front Desk Clerk – AmeriTel Inn, Ammon, ID
Responsibilities: Answering phones, taking reservations, Checking guests in, and other duties as needed.
• Teaching Assistant- Creative Advertising JAMM 361, Professor Mark Secrist
Responsibilities: Graded papers and taught the class for short periods of time.
• Crew Member - Campus Dining Sodexo at University of Idaho, Moscow Idaho
Responsibilities: Worked on a team, kept work area clean and maintained a positive attitude. While attending the University of Idaho.
• Graphic Design Consultant – Trancer Productions, Idaho Falls, Idaho
Responsibilities: Developed concepts for logos, letterheads and other types of graphics. Designed logos and conceptualized marketing strategies. Developed media plans and strategized.
• Design Intern – Full Service Web Design, Murray, Utah
Responsibilities: Learning everything I can about the design business.
• Sales Associate - TJ Maxx, Tualatin, Oregon (05-08) Idaho Falls, Idaho (Summer 2010)
Responsibilities: Customer Service, cash handling, stocked merchandise.
• Advertising and Media Relations
• Experience in Graphic Design
• InDesign, Bridge
• Microsoft Office
• Mac OS
• Customer service
• Advanced communication skills
• Windows XP, Vista, 7
• Graduate - University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho, member of Alpha Gamma Delta,
Bachelor of Science Advertising, emphasis in Art
• Graduate - Tualatin High School, Tualatin, Oregon
Honors in Theater