Qualifications for Writer, Editor, Proofreader, Researcher, Administrator
Creative, independent wordsmith with the ability to effectively communicate information to diverse audiences and individuals at all levels. Offers 6+ years of experience editing/proofreading manuscripts and court transcripts, writing resumes, as well as researching information. Proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet. Strives in busy, deadline driven, multi-tasking environments.
• Edited, proofread, and re-formatted the manuscript of a fictitious novel for a self-published author.
• Edited two manuscripts (the 2nd and 3rd) in a series of five metaphysical books.
• Edited and re-formatted resumes for an engineering firm, for use in bid proposals for all projects.
• Wrote resumes and broadcast letters for clients.
• Proofread and edited resumes and broadcast letters written by fellow writers.
• Researched online for information about companies in order to customize broadcast letters.
• Wrote a career tip article for publication on Allen & Associates website.
• Contributed travel articles to Destination Guides (dguides.com) for the launch of the City of Orlando.
• Proofread transcripts for court reporters, as well as handled quality control before the transcripts were produced, sent to the attorneys, and filed in court.
• Directed all inbound calls for office of approximately 100 people.
• Handled all incoming/outgoing mail, faxes, and packages.
• Assisted with in-house billing using Deltek Vision Software.
• Maintained Master Excel Spreadsheet for architectural firm, adding in new projects/clients and updating information as projects progressed.
• Organized and assembled accounting data into Deltek Vision Software for an engineering firm.
• Applied for and maintained renewal status of Professional Engineering licenses in various states throughout the U.S. for the President of an engineering firm.
• Wrote correspondence emails, letters, and outlines for the Chairman of an engineering firm.
• Recorded weekly meetings and prepared the minutes for an engineering project.
• Handled quality control for a court reporting firm for all the new court reporters, as well as the network reporters from all over the country. Checked for any errors within the documents such as formatting, spelling, and grammatical, and made sure that all information was accurate.
Bachelor of Arts and Humanities in English, University of Central Florida
Major – English (Concentration: Technical Writing); Minor – Writing
Writing Certification, Kennesaw State University
Creativity Training Course