• Trained in classical and 3D digital animation.
• A firm understanding and application of animation principles.
• Basic understanding of character rigging, modeling, shading/texturing, lighting, and
rendering in Maya.
• Storyboard artist capable of visualizing and sketching out shots as per the
requirements of a screenplay. Can subsequently convert existing storyboard frames
into an animatic.
• Layout artist adept at blocking out shots using proxy sets, props, characters, and
cameras in 3D space.
• Production of motion graphics and basic compositing.
• Film editing and video conversion on a digital platform.
• Basic sound design and editing.
Freelance animation artist (August 2011- Present)
I am currently producing short instructional videos for clients on a freelance basis. I am involved in every stage of production, excluding the modeling and rigging of characters, and certain props.
3D Character Animator (November 2010 - June 2011)
I animated characters, props, and cameras for assigned sequences on the program "Super Why".
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Canwest Mediaworks Award for Best Digital Character Animation Film
For the short film “Ascension” (2010)
Fondation de Sève Undergraduate Film Animation Award
For the short film “Necros” (2007)
Post-Graduate Certificate, Digital Character Animation, Sheridan College, Oakville
BFA, Film Animation, Concordia University, Montreal
• Autodesk Maya
• Mental Ray/V-Ray
• Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Soundbooth, Illustrator)