• Experience editing and proofreading content for both print and online publications, using the Associated Press Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style.
• Detail oriented and experienced in managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize information in presentations, reports, and articles, using specific styles and targeting varied audiences.
• Familiarity with online contentment management systems including Drupal, Tridion, and Ning, and social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Adobe, Maxim, PMAPS, and Internet utilities.
ELSEVIER, San Diego, CA
Audience Development Coordinator January 2010–Present
• Review eNewsletters, eBulletins, and eBlasts for proper punctuation and grammar, and ensure all hyperlinks are functioning and directing to the correct Web pages.
• Manage EMS Insider subscription efforts, creating online banner ads and subscription forms, and sending direct mail campaigns with assistance from marketing department.
• Distribute online advertising data, including impressions, click-throughs, and open rates to clients.
• Post daily to social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Editorial Assistant November 2008–December 2009
• Lead editor for FireRescue magazine’s “Reality Check” Web column, “New Products/New Deliveries” department and PSC’s “Top Ops” print column. Responsible for ensuring timely receipt of column, performing primary edit, inputting all corrections, and loading final version into CMS for Web columns.
• Line edited for FireRescue magazine, editing and proofreading Word documents and InDesign layouts.
• Spearheaded the FirefighterNation.com archiving project. Retrieved content from Quark/InDesign files, formatted copy for the Web, resized photos, and loaded content into CMS.
• Edited, formatted, and loaded press releases and supplements into CMS for JEMS.com. Created headlines, subheads, article descriptions, and photo captions when necessary. Ensured content was featured on proper pages, photos were correctly sized, and hyperlinks functioned properly.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF MASSACHUSETTS, Boston, MA
Production Coordinator August 2007-May 2008
• Proofed, formatted, and assembled final proposals, delivering a clean and professional proposal package.
• Provided back-up support to creative specialist, proofing and formatting Powerpoint and Keynote presentations, assisting in setup of templates, and helping with special projects.
• Administered word processing support to proposal development services team and aided in managing PMAPS database.
• Worked to refine overall process by redesigning production sheet, creating a new system of filing, and altering the method for keeping track of jobs.
UC BERKELEY EXTENSION
Professional Sequence in Editing, August 2011
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER, Rochester, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, *** Laude