Education Western Washington University
• Graduated August 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in English with emphasis in Creative Writing.
• Courses taken included emphasis in poetry, fiction, technical writing, and analysis of literature
• Able to effectively articulate ideas through skills gained from major.
• Proficient grammar skills allow clear articulation in writing.
• Assists others to improve their own writing skills via workshops and critiques.
• Assists friends and classmates with editing essays when requested
• Able to examine own work objectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Versatile in use of web browsers (Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer).
• Skilled in use of Operating Systems (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS).
• Able to use eReaders and various Apple devices.
• General understanding of social media.
• Typing speed: 65 words per minute.
Work Experience September 2009 – June 2012:
Sodexo/Aramark, Western Washington University Dining Services.
Food Service Employee
April 2006 to August 2009 and Summer 2010:
Mother’s Kitchen, Palomar Mountain, CA
Beta reader for Rise of the Djall by Talon Windwalker