University at Buffalo –Buffalo, NY
· B.A. in English, May 2010
· GPA 3.4
· Graduated *** Laude
· Dean’s List Honors: Spring 2010, Fall 2009, Fall 2008, Fall 2007.
· Generation Magazine (Fall 2006 - Spring 2008)
· WRUB radio station (Spring 2008 - Spring 2009)
Stage Technician, Center for the Arts at the University at Buffalo (December 2006 – May 2012)
· Worked as a stagehand both as a student and as a professional staff member upon graduation.
· Organize and execute the needed demands of a given show including technical assistance as well as managing a small crew of around 5 people.
Compass House, Buffalo, NY (January 2012 – May 2012)
· Volunteered as a counselor for at risk children in a youth shelter.
· Tasks usually involved helping youths (aged 13-17) with homework and daily chores while being a positive role model.
Buffalo Niagara River Keeper, Buffalo, NY (January 2011 – May 2011)
· Participated in an internship for environmental watch and cleanup organization.
· My duties included data entry for pollutant mapping on the Buffalo and Niagara River waterways, as well as participating in cleanups and awareness events.
GOBike, Buffalo, NY (January 2012 - May 2012)
· Volunteered at a community bike shop helping to fix and build affordable bikes for those with low income.
Pennies for the Princess Charity
· In the summer of 2012, organized a solo charity bike ride from Long Island, NY to San Francisco, CA to raise money for Caitlin Zaugg and her family, who are battling cancer.
· Rode over 5,000 miles and raised over $8,000 in 80 days.
· Proficient in computer competency skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Typing skills of 70+ wpm.
· Have a minor ability in Spanish, on which I would like to improve.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills as an English major and through experience in magazine and radio
· Physically fit active and able as a cycling commuter and manual laborer.
· Possess adaptability in new tools through use of various technical equipment in my employment as a stage tech.