Managing Editor, Action News CBS47 & FOX30 October 2008 – August 2011
• Oversee day-to-day news operations managing a staff of 70+ members.
• Highlights include a complete newsroom rebuild and the successful launch of a new brand. In November of 2009, our news at 11pm was number 1 in the market for the first time in station history.
• Responsible for scouting new on-air talent and assist in recruiting & hiring.
• Coordinate the news department’s internship program.
• Approve daily scripts and web copy.
• Launched the stations first Facebook & Twitter pages.
Vice-President, Wilson Public Relations May 2007 – October 2008
• Partner in a full-service Public Relations and Crisis Management firm specializing in small businesses and non-profit corporations.
• Built synergistic relationships with clients to learn how their businesses work and create excitement about their product or services in the community.
• Services included: creating collateral materials, providing website content and support, designing ads and writing radio copy, editorial services, press releases and media training.
• Current member of the Small Business Resource Network at the University of North Florida where I received the opportunity to teach public relations and media training to small business classes.
Executive Producer of Special Projects, CBS47 & FOX30 September 2002 – April 2007
• Oversaw investigative and consumer units, coordinated all sweeps content and material, produced or oversaw all special shows.
• Did all scheduling for anchors, reporters, and photographers.
• Wrote reviews for on-air talent and special projects photographers.
• Won two AP awards for continuing coverage segments.
• Launched the Health Tracker and Restaurant Report segments.
• Produced #1 Noon Newscast for a year.
Managing Editor, First Coast News 2000 – 2001*
• Coordinated coverage for all daily newscasts. Responsibilities included: managing reporters and photographers, approving scripts, coordinating live shots, leading the morning meeting, developing broader stories & angles, assisting with employee reviews, tracking gear, monitoring scanners for breaking news, taking newsroom phone calls, coordinating live shots, and maintaining contacts in the community.
• *Left in 2001 to pursue my education, but continued to freelance through 2002.
Bureau Chief, Florida’s News Channel 1999 – 2000
• Managed all staff and decided news content for the Jacksonville Bureau of a statewide cable news channel.
• Highlights include coordinating Florida coverage of the 2000 Presidential election.
Education & Training
• Current Board Member, USO Jacksonville
• Former Board Member, Family Support Services
• FBI & JSO Citizens Academies
• Business Ownership -UNF, Grant Writing - UNF
• FCCJ, Jacksonville, FL — Associate in arts degree (A.A.) 2002
• Bishop Kenny HS, Jacksonville, FL