Danita A. Dyess Atlanta, GA >>>> email@example.com
Freelance Writer Odesk.com 09/12 – current
BUSINESS WRITING (Human Resources)
- Composed profile piece for SZ Magazine published in January 2013.
- Transcribed lengthy marketing audio files quickly and accurately and received 5-star rating.
- Interviewed home builders and agents and finished 1,000-word article in 24 hours.
- Wrote 10-page career guide for aspiring managers and contributed to increased enrollment.
BOOK REVIEWS AND SUMMARIES
- Write 5,000-word psychology and business book summaries for publisher.
- Met weekly quotas, recruited members and promoted the work of self-published authors.
Careers Specialist Examiner.com 04/11 – current
- Interview Department of Labor officials and hiring managers to assess employment trends.
- Attend trade meetings and Atlanta Regional Commission's forums to learn about developments.
- Verify facts by confirming data with economists and industry leaders.
- Explore nontraditional work opportunities that would apply to the Atlanta market.
Freelance Writer Textbroker.com 01/11 – current
WEB SITE CONTENT
- Learning HTML and SEO to write sales-pulling copy for global audience.
- Demonstrate expertise in human resources by writing 17 articles on career-related subjects.
- Identify target market, investigate demographical data and develop fresh content.
- Author articles of 250 - 1,200 words appearing on 40 different blogs and sites.
- Created niche in real estate writing including vacation rentals and residential communities.
Commended by auto executive, “It was well written, and you did research . . . thanks for a
Receptionist Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Atlanta, GA 6/08 – 06/09
- Performed administrative duties for 93 employees at corporate office.
CAREER-RELATED EXPERIENCE (Volunteer for Nonprofit Organizations)
Articles Editor Street Youth Ministry 03/11 – current
- Edit web pages, articles, correspondence, and newsletter.
Course Developer National Council for Support of Disability Issues 10/05 – 01/09
- Brainstormed topics, fact checked content, and designed layout.
- Investigated facts using electronic and print sources, interviewed leaders, and produced
classes that increased Web site visits.
English Instructor Burma Students’ Association 10/05 – 12/07
- Taught English to Burmese students and co-wrote correspondence for faculty that facilitated
peaceful alliances in war-torn country.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Walden University, online – Communications – transfer 60 credits - 09/14 - 09/15
Ashworth College, online -- Psychology - completed 35 percent of B.S. degree - 09/14-09/15
Coursework: statistical analysis, organizational behavior, research, testing and measurement
-Society of Copy Editors
-International Association of Administrative Professionals
Microsoft –Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer