I am a cartoonist, an animator, a musician, and a radio announcer with a local radio station in Hubbards, NS called CoveFM. Tune into 'Sam's Musical Mystery Tour' every Sunday from 2-5pm at this link. http://www.covefm.com/player.php
Diploma Program – Digital Animation, Nova Scotia Community College – Truro Campus (2009-2011)
Interviewed Jon Anderson (Yes) August 29, 2013
Interviewed Bobby Elliott (The Hollies) August 16, 2013
Interviewed Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson)
July 9, 2013
Interviewed Marcella Detroit (Shakespear's Sister, Eric Clapton, various)
April 14, 2013
Alan Syliboy & Lone Cloud - 'The Honour Song' January - April 2013
I've completed animation for another music video called 'The Honour Song' for Alan Syliboy and his band 'Lone Cloud'.
Showdog Productions - 'Turnaround Interview' September, 2012
I completed character Designs for an animated managerial training video called 'Turnaround Interview'
Alan Syliboy & Lone Cloud – ‘When Owls Call' October, 2011 – July, 2012
I collaborated with 2 fellow graduates on a freelance project - creating a 2-D animated music video for Alan Syliboy and his band ‘Lone Cloud’.
Tim Hortons, Tantallon, NS August 2011 -
Construction Helper, East Chester, NS June-August, 2011
Schooner Cove Marine, Boutilier’s Point, NS June, 2011
General Labourer – in charge of boat maintenance
Hubbards Radio Society, Cove FM 94.3, Hubbards, NS Summer, 2010 -
• Volunteer Radio Announcer – In 2010, every Sunday I hosted my own radio program called ‘Sam’s Sixties Show’. In 2011, every Saturday I hosted my own radio program called ‘Sam’s Saturday Night Sixties & Seventies Show’. As of September, 2012, I’ve done 3 different radio shows with CoveFM year-round (online and on the radio). ‘Sam’s Sixties & Seventies Show’ evolved into ‘Rhythmic Tales From The Messenger Of Vibes’, and is now currently ‘Sam’s Musical Mystery Tour’.
Benoit Electric, Hubley, NS Summer, 2010
Labourer – Helped install fixtures/plugs and maintained clean work spaces.
Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS 2009-2011
• Successful completion of the two years of studies in the Digital Animation program
• Successful Completion of the Capstone Project, a 5-week work term excursion, creating an animated music video for a client with the local high school record label called ‘Falcon Records’
• Completion of various animations & illustrations using Flipbook 6, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash, Adobe Premiere, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter and many more.
• Modeled and animated a 3-D character (Autodesk Maya).
• Created a series of 5 animated shorts, featuring my characters George & Bob
• A team lead of the advertising and content committees for Animedia Fest 10.
Forest Heights Community School, Chester Grant, NS 2008-2009
• Gymnasium / Evening Shift Supervisor.
• Recording finances / attendance of students at many extracurricular events.
Blandford & Area Historical Society, Blandford, NS 2007-2009
• Museum Curator at their annual summer Historical Exhibits
• Welcomed visitors to the exhibit and provided them with information about the community and its past, answered questions, contributed to book sales, catalogued items (mostly artifacts and articles)
• Cleaned and tidied up the exhibit after closure everyday.
• Written and displayed original comic strips as part of the exhibit
‘George’ - Daily Comicstrips September 2004-June 2009
• With the exception of a month equivalent, I have drawn and posted a daily 6-framed comicstrip called ‘George’ in the lobby at school every school day from the beginning of the 8th grade up until graduation.