Associate Degree in Applied Science, Computer Aided Drafting / BIM Technology, 2011
South Puget Sound Community College, Olympia, WA
• GPA 4.0/4.0
• President's List (5 quarters)
• Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
National Diploma, Mechanical Engineering, 1998
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering - Coursework completed, 1995
Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
• Proficiency in AutoCad 2D/3D, Autodesk Inventor 3D, Solidworks and Revit Architecture (BIM).
• File management, layout management, layer management, dimensioning, referencing, detailing.
• Acute attention to detail, accuracy, excellent math and geometry skills, exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, bi-lingual (Afrikaans).
• Strong team player and excellent organizing skills.
Relevant Professional Experience
Welfit Oddy Pty. Ltd., Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Mechanical Design Technician - 1997-1999
• Was responsible for design of stainless steel tank containers; used advanced structural analysis
software (PROKON) and computer aided 2D and 3D design software(AutoCad/Pro E); manual engineering calculations.
• Integral member of the Process Engineering Team; designed and refined manufacturing engineering processes and procedures.
• Served as liaison between company and third-party inspection service.
• Was responsible for end-user desktop support, software & hardware troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of company internal network.
• Responsible for digital imaging, scanning, archiving and conversion of technical documents.
Other Work Experience
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco - Seattle Branch
Operations Specialist II ; Production Coordinator Lead - 2005-2009
• Was in charge of high-volume mailroom environment.
• Team leader; customer service liaison.
• Coordinated all deadline-driven mailroom activities - receiving, processing and final shipment.
• Trained new employees in operating procedures, data entry and problem solving.
• Proficient using personal computers, MS Office Applications, calculators, fax machines, copiers, encoding and high-speed check sorting machines.
Remedy Intelligent Staffing - Seattle
Office Support Specialist - '04-'05
• Assigned to Federal Reserve for an extended office support role.
• Received Associate of the Month award 3 times during this period.
• Commendation received for excellent job performance, high accuracy, job proficiency and exceptional
Robert Half International, Office Team - Seattle
Office Support Clerk - '02-'04
• Assigned to Federal Reserve - processed Government Items - Postal Money Orders
Treasury Savings Bonds and Treasury Checks.
• Commendation for high accuracy, job proficiency and productivity.
Metamorphosis - Olympia, WA
Network Support & Shipping Clerk - '00-'02
• Computer network support.
• Shipping and receiving; inventory management.