As a highly organized and motivated individual with a passion for teaching, please accept my resume for your perusal. Having recently successfully graduated from Durham College and having also previously attended Trent University, along with having worked in several Teaching and Customer Service positions where excellent organizational and communication skills were essential, I have gained the expertise and experience needed to ensure my students acquire the learning experience they need and deserve. I feel I am fully qualified for this position and would enjoy the opportunity to join your staff.
I have enjoyed working in high-volume client-centred, teaching and support positions and have received numerous commendations for my excellent level of professionalism, dedication, and attention to detail. As a very pleasant and compassionate individual, I always go out of my way to ensure my teaching exceeds the expectations of the students while always maintaining the utmost respect and confidentiality.
As a 2010 Microsoft Office Specialist in Word and Excel (and currently studying to become certified in other applications) I work daily with and instruct Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and Visio, electronic mail as well as Adobe Software including Photoshop, Aftereffects, and various other graphics and animation editing applications. I regularly design artwork and animations for Rogers TV Durham, and currently have numerous productions airing on live television.
As a very creative, enthusiastic individual with a passion for composing and playing music, I possess excellent interpersonal skills and would very much enjoy the opportunity to share my passion and knowledge with others.
I am confident that my skills, experience, and personable disposition would be a definite asset to your organization and would enjoy the opportunity to further discuss my qualifications with you. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.
Job Objective: To obtain a position where I may fully utilize my skills and expertise and contribute to your orgainization’s overall success.
Jan-Mar 2013 D.R.E.N., Computer Training Facilitator
• Educated Students ranging from 20-75 years of age in all Microsoft Office Applications, Windows, email, Internet, and any general computer training as required
• Responsible for lesson planning, creating learning material and handouts
• Tracked Students’ skill levels and tailored each lesson to their specific needs both through one- on-one lessons and larger-scale classes
• Used outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in order to deliver the best possible learning experience for all students – Have received extremely positive feedback and recommendations from colleagues, supervisors and students alike (available upon request)
2012-Present Rogers TV, Motion Graphic Designer, Animator, Modeler
• Conceptualize, Design and create packages and motion graphics/animations for numerous television programs
2011 Minacs Onstar, Service Provider/Trained Advisor
• Provided high quality customer service in a timely and accurate manner - dealt effectively with a high volume of customers from all over North America via telephone and email
• Dealt effectively with emergency situations while maintaining awareness of and sensitivity and a calm demeanor
• Worked daily with numerous software applications along with GPS systems and successfully relayed information to clients in a professional manner
• Data Entry with extreme level of confidentiality
2010-2011 Benix & Co., Customer Service/Cashier/Stock
• Carried out general Customer service and cashier responsibilities
2010-2011 Old Navy, Customer Service Representative
• Customer service and cashier
• Dealt effectively with a high volume of customers
2007-2008 Ministry of Finance, Central Stores, Shipper Receiver (Summer contracts)
• Inventory Control, Deliveries, Data entry/documentation and general Customer Service
2003 to 2004 Loblaws, Customer Service, Seafood Dept
• Customer Service, Closing duties, answering telephones
2002 Durham Training Solutions, Office Reception\Assistant
• General Office Customer Service duties, telephones, photocopying, faxing along with general office reception
Employment History cont’d:
2000 to present Graphic Design, Office Assistant
• Plan, organize and assist in creation of proprietary children’s educational animated videos; animation; design and create brochures, logos and CD covers; design t-shirts etc.
2000 Baker Animal Clinic, Volunteer Doctor’s Assistant
• Assisted Doctors and staff with animal care and medical procedures
Interests: Piano (Gr. 6, several Royal Conservatory of Music Honors’ diplomas, Kiwanis Music Festival (multiple First Place awards), Guitar (electric, bass and acoustic), Banjo, Mandolin, Saxophone, Clarinet, sports – have received commendations for community service (music contribution in school plays)
2007 to 2010 Durham College of Applied Arts & Technology, Oshawa, ON Graduate of Computer Animation Program
2005 to 2007 Trent University, Peterborough, ON – English
2000 to 2004 Paul Dwyer Catholic High School, Oshawa, ON - OSSD
Links: http://vimeo.com/13133396 (Demo reel)
http://vimeo.com/3007061 (animated music video)
References: Gladly supplied upon request