John L. Sprague
Freelance Editorial Services – Allen, Texas
Editorial services: copyediting, rewriting, proofreading manuscripts, blogs, and websites.
RCL ENTERPRISES, INC. – Allen, Texas
Editorial Director / Publisher – Trade Publishing Division
• As Publisher, guided merging of three imprints: Thomas More Press, Christian Classics, and the book division of Tabor Publishing into Thomas More Publishing.
• As Editorial Director, produced 150-plus new and revised titles over a nine-year period, producing up to $2M in annual niche market sales.
• Coordinated author relations, editorial content, design, and production.
THOMAS MORE ASSOCIATION – Chicago, IL
Marketing Director / Editorial Director / President
• Elected President, continued as Editorial Director and Publisher.
• Produced and edited The Critic, a Catholic literary quarterly; acquired original essays, fiction, poetry, and humor for each issue. Edited and contributed to the Association’s newsletters, publications and books.
• Oversaw the budget as Treasurer for the Thomas More Association, a not-for-profit cultural and educational corporation in the State of Illinois.
• Planned, scheduled, and coordinated advertising and direct mail campaigns for all TMA publications, including the Association’s literary magazine, The Critic, a variety of newsletters, the Thomas More Book Club, and seasonal book catalogs.
Publishing Copyediting, writing, coaching, and proofreading
Communication Microsoft Word and Excel, primarily
DePaul University, Chicago – Masters Degree programs
Laval University (St. Lawrence College,), Quebec City, Canada – B.A.
Gregorian Institute (Rome, Italy) S.T.B.
Some proficiency in three languages - French, Italian, and Spanish
Studied on location in Quebec, Rome, and Madrid
Editorial Freelancers Association, Member
Rotary Club of Allen Sunrise, Charter Member, Past President, Membership Chair
Foundation for Allen Schools, Charter Member, Past Chair