Freelance Writer Corinna Underwood
• Eleven years of professional researching/writing/editing experience.
• Proven writing and editing skills and a strong command of English with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style.
• Ability to initiate and manage a continuing editorial process.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Experience researching/writing/editing features, web content, SEO, press releases, training materials and books.
• Knowledge of publishing practices (e.g., AP Stylebook, APA Style, Chicago Manual of Style), standards and technologies for the media used.
• Familiarity with CMS such as Wordpress and Joomla.
• Familiarity with SEO and basic HTML.
• Ability to comprehend a variety of complex topics in specialized fields such as science and technology, alternative therapies, sustainable living and medicine.
• High degree of creativity and ability to translate complex technical information into interesting and concise prose and to ensure clarity from an editorial perspective.
• Creative ability to produce compelling fictional plots and unique, in-depth characters.
Kraze, Organic Producer, Alternative Medicine, Glance Entertainment, Alive, Ultimate Athlete, After Dark, Her Health, Long Island Woman, Faces, Body Balance, Safer Alternative Medicine, Culture Magazine, I-94, Urban Metro, Eco Hearth, Chronogram, New Woman, Long Island Woman, Hardcore Muscle, Aromatherapy Thymes, New Age Magazine, Publisher’s Weekly, Beauty and Style, Body Balance, Vitality, Urban Metro, Asian Gourmet, Culture, I-94, Nature’s Themes, Eco Hearth, Faces, Tots to Teens, Interactive Dad, World of Psychology, Do Over and BSFG.
Quin Street, The Lance Armstrong Foundation, 20th Century Fox, Supermedia, The Life Extension Foundation, Fox News, Health 911, Mahalo, Alternative MedNet, Egghead Solutions, Browns Bridge Docks, Eagleye Technology, Vocational Biographies, Sunpiper Press, Inner Splendor Media, interact Media and Bright Hub.
A Haunted History of Atlanta and North Georgia- Schiffer publications (March, 2008)
****** and Mystery in Atlanta- History Press, (October 2009)
A Walk on The Dark Side – Phyllis Scott Publishing (due for release December 2011)
Shortlisted for the 2011 Aeon Award for short story Splinter
Nomination for the 2011 Story South Million Writers Award 2011 for Moments of Fluidity.
First place in the 2011 Spinetinglers short story competition for Here Ever After was
Third place in the May 2011 Phyllis Scott Publishing short story contest for The Secret in the Sanctuary.
BA(Hons) Philosophy/English Literature; Staffordshire University UK, 1995
MA Women’s Studies; Staffordshire University, UK, 1997
PhD Sociology; Staffordshire University UK, 1999 – 2002 (ABD)
Lisa Lyon – Producer – Coast to Coast AM, former editor of After Dark -DarkEditor@aol.com
Sheldon Lutchman – Editor – Urban Metro - email@example.com