Ariel L. Brown
1204 Wyngate Drive.
Greenville, NC 27834
(252) 367-7591 email@example.com
North Carolina Central University Durham, NC D
Standard Professional 1 Teacher License; Comprehensive Social Studies 2011
North Carolina Central University Durham, NC
Master of Arts in History; minor Education 2010
Master’s Thesis: Greenville City Schools and Pitt County Schools Segregation to Desegregation: 1954-1979
Saint Augustine's College Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Arts in History May 2006
Wellcome Middle School Greenville, NC
7th grade Social Studies Teacher 08/13 to Present sent
• Develop lesson plans and teach Social Studies to 7th graders in accordance to the Common Core based curriculum.
Magnetic Achievers, LLC Greenville, NC
Owner/CEO 02/12 to Present
• Organize Educational and Training business that provides tutoring and piano lessons to children and adults.
• Tutor K-12 students in Reading and Writing.
• Proofread and edit educational documents for college and graduate school students, and professional adults.
• Teach piano/keyboard and sightreading skills to individuals ages 6 and up.
Roseleaf Academy Farmville, NC F FF
Humanities Teacher 09/12 to 05/13 sent
• Developed lesson plans.
• Taught Grammar/Writing and History to 6th-8th grade students.
The Organizers Greenville, NC
Administrative Assistant 06/11 to 06/12
• Coordinating office services.
• Revise established procedures.
• Coordinate the collection and preparation of operating reports.
• Compile, store and retrieve management data, using computer
Pitt County Schools Greenville, NC
Substitute Teacher 10/11 to 06/12
Brainworks Learning Center Hickory, NC
SES Provider Fair Representative/Tutor 09/10 to 05/12
• Advertised tutoring opportunities to students, parents, principals and teachers at various elementary and middle schools that offered Supplemental Educational Services in North Carolina
• Tutored elementary school students in Reading and Math.
• Adapted subject matter to meet individual needs by means of computer educational software and the creation of handouts to enhance verbal and written expressions.
• Maintained records of students’ progress.
ENGAGE, Inc. Greenville, NC
Business Consultant 06/10 to 08/11
• Advise and counsel business owners of funding opportunities.
• Research grant funding for non-profit business owners.
• Write business plans for prospective business owners.
Durham Public Schools Durham, NC
Substitute Teacher 10/08 to 05/10
Museum of the Confederacy Richmond, VA Intern 05/09 to 06/09
• Deciphered 19th century historical documents.
• Assisted in creating a finding aid for Confederate President Jefferson Davis manuscripts.
North Pitt High School Bethel, NC
Social Studies Teacher 08/06 to 06/07
• Taught World History and United States History to 9th-12th grade students in accordance to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
• Developed lesson plans, lectured and used computer technology to enhance student learning.
• Assisted in various student activities such as senior projects, prom committee, student orientations and graduation ceremony mandated by the Pitt County School Board of Education.
Saint Augustine's College, Academic Achiever's Program Raleigh, NC
History/English Tutor 11/04 to 05/06
History Tutor/Administrative Assistant 08/02 to 11/04
Computer Skills: Proficient in Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, Type 50 WPM.
Memberships: Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society, Pitt County Historical Society, Minority Business Roundtable
Honors and Awards: Ralph Campbell Service Award—2004; Dean’s List: 2002-2006