I've been drawing all my life, and I enjoy helping nonprofits and small businesses get seen and heard. I am driven, creative, and have a real love for drawing, design, and digital expression.
See some of my work at my blog, http://milkysketchbook.blogspot.com/
AAS in Graphic Design & Illustration from Kingsborough Community College, City University of New York (CUNY) in Brooklyn (2010).
Received student awards for my design work all 3 semesters I attended Kingsborough, including:
• 4 pieces in the 2010 professor curated gallery show,
• 1 piece in the 2009 gallery show,
• Placing second in the Major Fair poster contest (2009),
• Having 2 pieces in the 2010 edition of the professor edited magazine produced yearly for student artists and writers.
Also wrote an article and drew cartoons for the student newspaper (2009).
I am currently at Hunter College (CUNY) in Manhattan for a BA in Art with a Minor in Media.
I have designed flyers and program guides for Staten Island nonprofits such as:
Staten Island Freedom & Peace Festival, an annual street fair (2006 thru 2008)
Staten Island Peace Action, an antinuclear peace group (2007)
Staten Island Health Action (2006 thru 2009), a local health clinic
Staten Island Gay Pride Parade (2007 and 2008)
I am also an intern at the Cuchifritos art gallery located in the Essex Street market, Manhattan, serving as greeter/receptionist (2011): http://www.aai-nyc.org/cuchifritos/titlepage.html
I also volunteer my web design and graphic design skills to the group freegan.info, updating their website and producing calendars for their monthly events (2011): http://freegan.info/
• Adobe Illustrator CS 4 & 5
• Adobe Photoshop CS 3 thru 5
• Adobe Indesign CS 4 & 5
• Proficient with PCs & Macs (switch hitter!)
My sketchblog/online portfolio: http://milkysketchbook.blogspot.com/