Steven V Spencer
19 Catbird Court
Mattapan, MA. 02126
With a Bachelors of Fine Art and a certified Massachusetts Visual Arts teaching license Pre K -12, I plan to teach all students with no student left behind. Furthermore, I plan to encourage and enhance student academic excellence, and creativity, while achieving the Massachusetts Framework Standards.
Trenton Psychiatric Hospital Trenton, New jersey
* Employed three years as a “Recreation Therapy Assistant” ” to work with the state of New Jersey’s most dangerous adolescent inmates.
* Responsible for implementing recreational activities for 50-60 inmates in lock-up and in an off campus facility.
* Worked one on one assignments with highly dangerous adolescent inmates.
The Bancroft School Haddonfield, New Jersey
* Employed three years as a “Therapy Program Assistant” to assist mentally and physically challenged clients ages 10-70.
* Successfully taught daily living skills to mentally challenged clients.
Skills and Certification
* Experienced in assessing and documenting daily incidents, injuries, behaviors, and
* Skilled in developing and supervising a structured daily living plan for
* Proficient in creating innovative and challenging lesson plans.
* Experienced in implementing individual educational treatment plans.
* Capable of effective verbal and written communication.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Photo Shop, Pages, and Excel.
* Mastery of painting in all medium, Drawing, and 3D art.
* Skilled and proficient in classroom management.
* Holds a Massachusetts Visual Arts License Pre K – 12.
Perkins Elementary Boston, MA presently
Art Teacher grades K through 5
*Creating and implementing a visual art curriculum
* Developing innovative lesson plans
*Teaching students the elements of art
February Acceleration Academy Enrichment Teacher
Art Teacher grades 3 through 5
*Created a challenging lesson to enrich student artistic abilities
*Taught students how to make clay models
* Created a display of students final work
Massachusetts College of Art and Design Boston, MA 2012
*Assist students with various painting techniques.
*Assist teacher with administrative work.
*Assembled staff to critique student’s work at courses end.
Jeremiah Burke High School Boston, MA 2012
Student Teaching Internship grades 9 through 12
*Created unit lesson plans, assessments and rubrics.
*Taught Painting, Drawing, and 3D Art.
*Displayed student work in the community
Massachusetts College of Art and Design Boston, MA 2011
Student Practical grades 9 through 12
*Taught Abstract painting with applied studio habits.
Engleston Massachusetts Y.M.C.A Dorchester, MA 2011
Art and Culture Instructor
*Taught painting to preschool students and their parents
*Responsible for displaying final art exhibition
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Bachelors Degree of Fine Art majored in Art Education/Painting / 2012
Enrolled as a graduate student majoring in Elementary 1-6 with moderate disabilities Pre K-8 / 2013
References available upon request