Career Focus Writer/Editor/Proofreader, Creative Copy responsibilities with a magazine, book publisher, newspaper or related field
Experience Summary • Experienced in writing feature articles, short stories, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, and creative print ad copy.
• Well versed in copyediting, transcription/editing, performing interviews and proofreading, most recently as column writer for National Assoc.of Watch and Clock Collectors Museum web site,
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
Education Graduate Red Lion Area High School 1989
Penn State York Creative Writing 1997
Current Student HACC-York Humanities, Language and the Performing Arts/English- Prof Writing-Deans list two out of three semesters GPA 3.35/4 2010-2013
• Business Manager-Treasurer/Selection Judge-White Rose
Journal-An on Campus student publication 2011-2013
• Internship-National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Museum- Watch based research and writing for NAWCC website, concerning watches, watch news and current events. Responsible for all interviews and research associated with each article, under editor’s approval.
• York Daily Record-Attended council and borough meetings to write shorts concerning local interests. 1998
• York Dispatch-Attended Windsor Township Borough meetings, reported related information
Reporter – 1999
• Liberty News Paper- Authored front page articles and covered a variety of writing assignments. Specialized in Human Interest stories and creative storytelling.
Computer Skills -WordPerfect • Microsoft Word • Internet Based Research•
PowerPoint• Microsoft Office