Faaizah Movement of Art & Design, Philadelphia, PA June 2007-present
CEO/Principal Designer-Contract Assignments
• Create creative company promotions, locate new clients by internet marketing, and attend various networking events.
• Write and distribute monthly e-newsletter on various topic related to graphic design and business.
• Design and critique brochure layouts corporate identity, interface design and create various business collateral.
• Present and negotiate with potential clients of senior level organizations and staff members in a clear, effective and persuasive manner for contracts. Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, making clear and convincing oral presentations for their project.
• Ability to conduct analysis of data, reports and other sources of information to determine sound conclusions and make meaningful recommendations for marketing and leveraging their business using graphic design and social media marketing
Associate Service for the Blind, Philadelphia, PA June2010-June2011
• Create projects and curriculum
• Meet with specialized services directors to discuss details of class and how to best assist participants.
• Create and stay within budget and business vision.
• Create proposals, market class to participants by calls and visiting other classes on company grounds.
• Coordinating work in comprehensive areas relating to art history and visual media.
• Writing reports and providing verbal presentations on program analysis per quarter.
Lite Minds Designs Academy, Philadelphia, PA June 2008-May 2010
Creative Director/Art Instructor-Contract Assignment
• Monitor and assist students to create projects from curriculum based program, organize meetings with camp directors, create budget and proposals, apply for sponsors and grants, and fundraise.
• Teach students fundamentals of graphics design, teach students digital photography, teach students art. Design company corporate identity package, brochure layout, promotional advertising material and web.
• Manage and provide supervisory and technical oversight over assistant teachers and teen-counselors
Art on Mind Leadership Institute-Philadelphia, PA June 2006-May 2008
Graphic Designer/Art Instructor
• Monitored student, created projects developed curriculum, and met with school directors and parents to discuss program activities, attend workshop, and supervise assistant teachers.
• Create company corporate identity and website.
• Effectively delegating work items to employees at morning group meeting & oral presentation of weekly planning on operations and program performance.
• Taught fundamentals of graphic designs and arts & crafts.
And 1, Paoli, Pa
Graphic Designer/Intern April 2004-October 2004
• Created graphics for men’s apparel line and verbiage for graphic tees.
• Designed layout of advertisements for Team Division magazine for college sales.
• Created and did layouts for a catalog and manipulated images.
• Met with executive to develop new sales techniques and critiqued teammates’ creations.
Art Institute of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA June 2002-Sept. 2004
SGA President/ Event Coordinator
• Planned and supervised events arranged meetings with guest speaker and met with board members.
• Created budgets, made budgeting decisions and planned calendars.
• Oversaw meetings with different groups under the SGA umbrella.
• Designed advertisements for student events.
• Overseeing activities and legislation that impact Student programs and resources.
Philadelphia Graphic Designers Meet-up Group, Philadelphia, PA 2006-2007; April 2010-present
• Plan itinerary for monthly meeting for local graphic designer (students and professionals) to network & offer information from within the graphic design community.
• Plan and coordinate work in comprehensive areas of training administration programs for recent graduates of arts & design education.
• Research and book best venue.
• Internet marketing to promote meetings as well as research local networking events then attends to gain interest for new membership.
• Design invitations and postcards for distribution.
• Update information on the PGD Meet-up website and Facebook/Twitter fan page weekly.
• Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Publisher
• Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dream Weaver, Photoshop, After Effects
• PHP (Web Application
• Applet (Web Application
• Rumba Gebar (Health Care Application)