• Agency Management
• Budget Management
• Collateral Development
• Contract Negotiation
• Corporate Communications
• Direct Mail
• Program Development
• Project Management
• Public Relations
• Social Media
• Strategic Planning
• Trade Shows/Events
• Website Development
• Writing - Marketing, Articles, Feature Stories, Web, Blogs, PR
SUMMARY OF SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• Able to identify market segments, niches and potential markets
• Strategic planning/management of marketing and PR programs and initiatives
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and proactively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Define and manage the execution of brand strategy programs
• Strong project management skills – able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
• Successfully lead cross-functional teams to reach project objectives and deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Effectively manage budgets to $2 million
• Received multiple construction industry awards for excellence in marketing communications.
• Effectively developed and managed marketing communications programs for 6 divisions (approx. 250 products) of Fortune 500 company Terex Corporation.
• Developed highly-successful public relations programs, increasing media coverage by 25-400% (increase varied by company and brand).
• Lead cross-functional teams in planning, development and execution of inaugural Terex King of the Dirt Media Days media event; resulted in significant increase in editorial coverage.
• Developed marketing program to launch Nordic Tugs brand internationally; increased sales by 10% in first 6 months in a sluggish boat market.
• Worked with teams to establish new and/or redevelop brand standards; developed brand guidelines; implemented and evangelized brand standards throughout global corporate programs and down to dealer level.
Marketing Consultant/Freelance Writer 01/10—Current
Loucks Consulting - Lakewood, WA
Marketing and public relations consultant and freelance writer with clients in the marine, construction, manufacturing, retail, utilties and publishing industries.
Owner/Developer E-Commerce Website 01/10—Current
ShopWhimsy.com - Lakewood, Washington
Developed and manage e-commerce website. Manage inventory, process orders, website content management, search engine optimization, XHTML coding.
Marketing Director 02/07—01/10
Nordic Tugs, Inc. - Burlington, Washington
Responsible for the strategic planning, execution and management of all domestic and international marketing initiatives including web-based marketing, boat shows, public relations, advertising, lead management, website development, competitive market research, newsletters, direct mail, collateral development, dealer programs and agency/vendor and budget management.
Communications – Contract Project 09/08—03/09
Yoh Aviation/The Boeing Company - Everett, Washington
Temporary, project-specific internal communications contract within Boeing’s 787 Production Operations Domain. Hired to develop domain-specific internal communications plan and develop and document internal communications procedures.
Marketing Communications Manager 09/03—02/07
Genie Industries / Terex Corporation - Redmond, Washington
Developed and executed internal and external strategic corporate communications programs for Fortune 500 company (approximately 250 products), including advertising, public relations, trade shows, collateral development, lead management, newsletters, agency/vendor and budget management. Reviewed international marketing team communication programs for adherence to corporate messaging and brand standards.
Self-Employed Marketing Consultant 01/02—06/07
Valley Marketing - Mount Vernon, Washington
Marketing, public relations and event management consulting business with clients in the manufacturing, retail, educational and marine markets.
Public Relations Specialist 12/00—01/02
US Marine (Manufacturer of Bayliner, Maxum & Trophy Boats) - Arlington, Washington
Developed and executed strategic public relations and corporate communications programs for US Marine brands (a division of Fortune 500 company Brunswick Corp). Developed public relations programs, drafted and distributed press releases, evaluated public relations equivalencies, planned and implemented media events and new product launches. Created and wrote Bayliner Country Online customer newsletter and internal team member newsletter.
Marketing Coordinator 03/99—12/00
Lang Manufacturing - Everett, Washington
Associates in Technical Arts – Multi-Media & Interactive Technology/Web Design
Skagit Valley College – Mount Vernon, Washington
Graduated: March 2011
Bachelor of Arts Degree - Communications
Western Washington University - Bellingham, Washington
Graduated: March 1992
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Expressions Web, XHTML Coding, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher
• Mount Vernon HS Swim Team Parent Booster Club Co-Founder and Co-President – 2007/2008
• Girl Scouts – 1999 to 2003: Leader Troop 149, Service Unit Special Events Coordinator, Service Unit PR Coordinator
• Asst. Coach, Skagit Valley Girls Fastpitch Junior Softball – 2003
• Coach, Skagit County Girls Fastpitch Minor Softball – 2001
• Sedro-Woolley High School Technical Advisory Committee – 1996 to 1999