I graduated magna *** laude with a Bachelor of Science in Professional Writing, and have worked at a national publication proofreading, copy editing, and writing lifestyle articles.
• Edited the second edition of a 238-page textbook: Preparing for Teacher Certification in English, Language Arts & Reading: Grades 8-12.
• Copyedited the Spring / Summer 2010 issue of Houston Brides magazine.
• Currently editing a petroleum resources management system guide.
• Designed and wrote user manual for PocketMac for BlackBerry SmartPhone with Desktop Publishing Software.
• Designed a business development brochure targeting government officials and shareholders in international countries using Adobe InDesign CS5.
Design: Adobe InDesign CS5, Basic Adobe Photoshop, Joomla, Ning, and Seashore.
Editing: The Associated Press Stylebook, The Chicago Manual of Style, The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage.
Resarch: Westlaw; PACER.
Software: Microsoft Office Software Suite; Vertical Response/Constant Contact Email Software Program; various email extractor software; Social Networking; Advanced Macintosh/PC skills.
Skills: Typing speed: 90 words per minute, Data entry speed: 12,200 keystrokes per hour.