3172 Bute Crescent Coquitlam BC Canada firstname.lastname@example.org
Devon is a very creative individual with strong skills in the area of character animation. He is hard working, resourceful and enjoys working with a team to achieve common goals. Devon takes direction well and confidently manages timelines and expectations.
2008: Animation Art and Design Diploma from the Art Institute of Vancouver
2002: Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (BFA) with Honours in Music from York University, Toronto, ON
Animation Experience (Please also refer to my enclosed demo real):
2010: Animated short personal film ‘8’
• Created short film in the spirit of classic educational animation using Adobe Flash
2009: Animated character and vehicle for Globayne television commercial
• Animated, modeled, rigged and rendered graphic elements for commercial using Maya
Design work for Robertson Productions
• Developed character and logo designs for Robertson Productions Created graphic design for 20th annual Sorrento Bluegrass Workshop
• Logo featured on marketing materials for the workshop
2008: Animated student film ‘Chicken Pickin’ and served as production manager on
group project ‘Crossing Signals’
• Managed group project as well as personal graduation project
Character animation (3D and 2D)
Modeling, rigging, lighting, texturing and rendering
XSI. Maya, Flash, Photoshop, After Effects, Motion Builder, Premiere
Fluent in French
2000-present: Co-owner and operator of Blue River Music Studios
• Blue River Music Studios is a small business providing music instruction to roughly 25 students in voice, banjo and guitar.
• In addition to teaching many of the classes, Devon is responsible for marketing and developing the business, scheduling classes and teachers and handling the company finances.
2009-2010: Stringed instrument sales representative at Tom Lee Music, Surrey, B.C.
• Devon differentiated himself from other salespeople by building trusted relationships with customers based on honest and unbiased information which led to an increase in repeat business from customers who were specifically seeking his assistance.
2009: Animator/ generalist for Robertson Productions
• Created animations, designs and models for advertising
2002-2009: Music instructor at Rufus Guitar Shop, Vancouver, B.C.
• Taught private guitar and banjo lessons
2006: Multi-instrumentalist for Nettwerk Recording Artists The Clumsy Lovers
• Performed over 100 shows throughout the United States and Canada
2004-2006: Entertainer (banjo/voice) at the Richmond Country Farms Pumpkin Patch
• Performed bluegrass music solo and with other musicians
Assorted Career Highlights:
2007: Perfomed in front of Parliament in Victoria for Canada Day Celebrations
2006: Hired to tutor actor James Kirk on guitar for the film The Party Never Stops
2004: Recorded mandolin for the multiple Leo award winning short film The Beast of Dulle Griet
2000- Present: Guitarist and songwriter in folk duo In Blue River
2004- Present: Banjo player for bluegrass quartet The Tishomingo String Band
2002: Wrote and recorded music for the short film Everywhere, All Over
• Performed children's music for daycares and preschools in Vancouver, New Westminster and Coquitlam
• Performed music at a number of charity functions including The Special Olympics in Montana and the Vancouver FEMA Thailand benefit
• 2000-2002; Tutored fellow students in music courses, York University, Toronto, ON
Available upon request