To obtain a challenging position in the software industry that will utilize my expertise, experiences; and offer challenges, responsibility, and an opportunity for future advancement.
• Master Of Computer Science Dec 2010
Southern Illinois University.
Current G.P.A:3.7.0/4.0 (Honors Student)
• Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science May 2007
GNITS, Hyderabad, India.
Certificates and Honors
• Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.4 Oct 2007
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP, Linux, MSDOS
Databases : Oracle 8i/9i, SQL Server, MySQL
Packages : Macromedia Flash, Dream-weaver, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office 2010, PL/SQL, Eclipse 2.x/3.x,Netbeans,InterwovenContent Center, Workflow Modular Software Development and Technical Documentation
Network Engineering Team, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Graduate Assistant Jan 2010-Jan 2011
• Management of Network Engineering Team’s Website which has been based on several different flavors of Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu).Tasks included building the backend databases(MySQL),securing the machine with IPtables,inaddition to building the frontend (PHP),including scripting to run processes automatically on timely basis (crontab).Developed many applications for users on Network Engineering Team such as Employee Timesheet using(PHP,Ajax and Jquery),Employee Schedule, Employee Statistics,etc-demo available on request for https://netweb.it.siu.edu
• Experience in working with LDAP authentication servers and providing a login Interface.
• Experience in developing databases with MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft Access2010.
• Experience in developing Websites(http://infotechtest1.siuc.edu/joomla/) using Joomla Content Management System which includes creating modules, Templates, Articles, Databases, Automating SystemStatus ,Authentication etc.,
• Strong Managerial skills and ability to conduct phone interviews. Hired 50 students to assist with a project (Reznet Move-in Project) to help roughly 1600 residence hall students get their students in compliance with rules of the Clean Access network.
• Experience Trouble shooting and working with Windows XP, Vista, and Debian/Ubuntu Operating systems.
• Very good teamwork skills with the ability to work in a high stress environment with tight deadlines and produce a desirable product.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Highly motivated, committed and a natural team player with capability to work independently.
Computer Science Department, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Teaching Assistant Jan2010-Present
Environment: Microsoft office-2010, Joomla-1.5, HTML, CSS.
• Experience in Teaching Microsoft Office-2010 which includes Microsoft-word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint for undergraduate Students and Joomla for the Instructors.
• Developed the course website CS200B (http://www.cs.siu.edu/~cs200b/ )
• Order/obtain materials needed for class.
• Scheduled and maintain regular office hours to meet with students.
• Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments, papers, and record grades.
• Inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work such as lab reports.
Health and Recreation department. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant Aug 2009 – Jan 2010
Environment: WordPress, PHP
• Developed and maintained http://hedir.org/using Word press and PHP, which includes developing applications such as login interface, contact form, creating blogs for members, generating Emails, etc.
Malloc Solutions, Hyderabad, India - Software Engineer Jul 2007 - Aug 2009
• 1 year 9 Months of experience in Software Development.
• Rich experience in development, maintenance and enhancements of applications related to J2EE Technologies.
• Experience working with Interwoven Team site content Management tools.
Content Management System (Interwoven Team site 6.7.2) Jan 2008 - Aug 2009
Team Site Developer, Malloc Solutions.
Client: Safeway (www.safeway.com)
Platform: Windows XP, Linux, Java 5, J2EE, Struts, Oracle 10g, Team site Content center, Workflow Modular
Description: Content Management System was developed using Interwoven’s team site product. Developed templates, workflows, data capture forms, work flow instantiation screens and deployed them to file systems and database.
• Understanding the requirements, enhancements.
• Develop templates, data capture forms (DCT), Data Capture Records (DCR), Data Deploy, Open Deploy, Workflow instantiation screens using Interwoven's FormAPI and Content Center Professional.
• Developed Workflows using Workflow Modular.
• Involved in reproducing and fixing the issues during intermediate releases requirements.
• Merged customizations into earlier & later versions of the product.
Event Management, Software Developer, Malloc Solutions. Jul 2007 - Jan 2008
Description: Provide online event management services making it easy for anyone to hold a successful event of any type and size. Services include publishing events where everything needed to create and easily personalize a custom web page for your event and promote the tools you need to spread the word about your event and maximize attendance.
• Understanding the requirements, enhancements in developing Web Pages. Reproduce and fix issues during intermediate releases.
Merged customizations into earlier & later versions of the Product.
Engineering Process Automation, IDOLA FORI Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad. Jan 2007 - Jul 2007
Platform: Java, Oracle8i and Windows XP
Description: Design for automating the gear designing process.
• Inputs are given by the user through GUI (graphical user interface) and given inputs are processed with the help of java programs and are mapped using the Hash Map. These inputs are then inserted in the database for future use.
• With the help of Pro/E files and the database the required 3D model and 2D design are generated.
ALUMNI, GNITS, Hyderabad. Nov 2005 - Jan 2007
Platform: Oracle 8i, Visual Basic and Windows XP
Description: Maintaining the database of passed out students.
Web Site Design, GNITS, Hyderabad. Oct 2005 - Nov 2005
Platform: HTML, Dream Weaver, Windows XP
Description: Designed the college website using Dream Weaver and Flash (www.gnits.ac.in )
CMC Ltd, Systems Analyst, Hyderabad, India. May 2006 - Jul 2006
Description: Customized the software as per the requirement of the client in terms of validations & enterprise user security procedures and validated the application following principles of software testing techniques.
Multywave Technologies Pvt Ltd, Java Developer, Hyderabad, India. May 2005 - Jul 2005
Language: Java, HTML.
Platform: Windows XP
Description: Design and developing an Internet/Intranet based system to maintain the details of various employees of the firm, including the personal information, skill set and experience. The system that was designed allows the user to enter and also modify data of the employees, to search for the employees with particular skill set.
Honors & Awards
• Participated in IEEE National Level Technical Poster Presentation conducted in Hyderabad, India
• Technical member of CSI, ISTE and IEEE associations.
Will be furnished upon request