Marketing/Advertising/Design Executive with over 15 years experience at conceptualizing ideas that promote and sell product to the intended audience. Areas of expertise include defining needs and creating solutions, implementing and managing the overall creative strategy and delivering final material on time and on budget. Proven track record in industries as diverse as publishing, consumer products, home entertainment, licensing and merchandising, telecommunications and new media. Energetic, creative and innovative with a demonstrated ability to lead and interface with management as well as staff.
ELDERGADGET.COM, CA 2009-present CEATIVE DIRECTOR
Marketed, Strategized, Designed and illustrated web design. My effort has increased traffic, page views and visibility. The results are eldergadget is one of the highest ranking review sites of technology in the USA.
EARTHLINK PASEDENA, CA 2008 – 2009 SENIOR DIGITAL DIRECTOR
* Concept Development: Created designs, layouts and in certain cases copy ideas. Executed preliminary designs for Landing Pages, Microsites, online advertising and all print advertising
WARNER BROS MARKETING SERVICES, Burbank, CA 2002 - 2006
Senior Art Director/ Senior Designer
Conceived, designed and managed multiple projects. Campaigns included 2003, 2004, 2005 program launches. Functions included:
* Concept Development: Created designs, layouts and in certain cases copy ideas. Executed preliminary designs for TV Guide ads, outdoor boards, magazine ads, TV Bumpers and studio boards.
* Winner of 2 Silver Promax awards and 3 Gold Promax Awards for Will & Grace launch kit, Ellen Degeneres launch kit 2003 and 2005 and Employee Survey 2004.
* Power Point Presentations: Designed more than 80% of all Pitch designs including Absolut, Ambien, Blockbuster, Circuit City, Enterprise, Maybelline, Proctor and Gamble, Nissan and Toyota among others
* Increased department productivity and total hours worked by at least 20% over each year saving over $100,000 in overhead costs.
RARE MEDIUM ADVERTISING AGENCY, Burbank, CA 1996 - 2001
Senior Art Director/Designer
Oversaw project management and concept development of ads, packaging designs and Internet advertising.
• Created and supervised the design of layouts for print and animations online for Warner Bros. website, "Entertaindom.com
• Executed designs for TV Guide ads, outdoor boards, magazine ads and Flash pop-up advertising online for Frisky Cat food division.
• Winner of 2 Silver Promax Awards for TVN cable advertising and Business-to-Business ad campaigns.
LONG ADVERTISING, Valencia, CA 1994 - 1996
Vice President of Entertainment Advertising
Created designs, layouts for print and packaging design. Brought in over $100,000 in new business by creating new sales materials that were mailed out and followed up by a phone campaign.
SABAN ENTERTAINMENT, Burbank, CA 1991 - 1994
Executive Creative Director of Entertainment Advertising
Oversaw creative design and advertising for 5 different divisions: International TV, Domestic TV, Licensing, Theatrical Films, and Animation. Created designs and layouts for print and packaging design. Executed designs for TV ads including advertising for the development and marketing of Power Rangers, X-Men and other Saban TV shows. Executed designs for Outdoor boards, magazine ads and Licensing Style Guides. Won 2 Gold Summit Awards for Trade Advertising.
Winner of more than 25 major Awards for Design, Illustration and Logo Design, including; Promax Gold, and Silver, Summit Gold and Bronze, How Magazine Digital Awards, CA Magazine Awards, Art Center Alumni, American Graphic Design
* Extensive background with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator, Bryce. After Effects. Image ready. Knowledge of Flash and Maya.
* Attended over 200 hours of extensive training in After Effects. Specific area of knowledge is title design.
* Illustration in any medium including computer.
Bachelor of Graphic Arts, specializing in Advertising and illustration, Art Center College of Design (Master Equivalent course)
Bachelor of Fine Arts, specializing in Painting Graphics and Film, UCLA
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Book Illustration: Twenty-five books published including best-selling “Monster Boy” series (12) published by Magic Wagon Publishing and Outdoor “How-to” series (11)published by Falcon Publishing. Others include Harriet Zieffert’s “Small Potatoes Gang” published by Sterling Publishing and “There’s a Kid Under My Bed” published by Franklin Mason Press. * Wrote. Illustrated and photographed “Treehouses” for Globe Pequot Press
Member of Society of Children's Book illustrators and Writers
ART CENTER ALUMNI
VP Society of Illustrators/LA
Represented by Ronnie Herman and Associates/NY, Represented in the Midwest by Cliff Knecht/Pittsburgh Artists Associates/Worldwide