A career that facilitates artistic enrichment and growth within myself and others.
Artistically communicating and reinforcing appreciation and respect for the arts.
Summer 2006 Portrait Residency with artist, Anthony Ryder, Argenton Chateau, France
2001-2006 BFA, Laguna College of Art + Design, Laguna Beach, California
1996-1997 Dixie College, St. George, Utah
2006-2010 Owner/Gallery Director, Whelan Galleries, Laguna Beach, CA
- Primary curator for gallery shows, developed client relations/follow-ups, organize artist workshops, photograph and catalog artwork, installed shows, graphic design for marketing, undergrad mentoring for Laguna College of Art + Design.
2006-2007 Personal Assistant, Interactive Marketing, Laguna Beach, CA
- Research Corporations such as WAMU and Verizon Wireless, coordinate activities calendar, assist with travel planning, creative marketing strategies, personal/professional errands.
2006-2007 Gallery Assistant, J. Kamin Fine Art, Laguna Beach, CA
- Fine Art sales, client relations/follow-ups, organize artist workshops, photograph and catalog artwork, assist with hanging and prep for shows.
2002-2006 Personal Assistant, LTC, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Coordinate activities calendar and schedule appointments, support international travel planning, coordinate social functions.
2001-2006 Office Manager, Messersmith Industries Inc., San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Managed business office for company selling and leasing searchlights used for concerts, promotions, and event openings. Identified prospects, engaged and maintained long-term client relationships. Processed client correspondence including billing and collections. Processed employee payroll, accounts receivable and payable. Acted on the president’s behalf in his absence.
1998-2002 Banquet Captain, El Adobe Restaurant, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Banquet Department team leader. Coordinated assignments and supervision for special events servers, servers’ assistants and bartenders. Managed weddings, receptions and other special events once scheduled by sales manager
Proficient in Microsoft Word®, QuickBooks, Adobe PhotoShop® ? Basic skills in Adobe Illustrator®, Corel® Painter™ ? Very detail oriented ? Experienced in identification of prospective clients, new client acquisition and long-term retention
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER WORK
2009-2010 Vice-President of Board of Directors for First Thursdays Art Walk, Laguna Beach, CA
2008-2010 Served on the Laguna College of Art + Design Alumni Committee, Laguna Beach, CA
2008-2009 Secretary of Board of Directors for First Thursdays Art Walk, Laguna Beach, CA
2007-2010 Served on Professional Mentoring Committee for Laguna College of Art + Design Professional Studies Class , Laguna Beach, CA
2008 Guest for panel discussion Laguna College of Art + Design Professional Studies Class, Laguna Beach, CA
2002 Guest Lecture University High School, Irvine, Ca
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
Fall 2008 Interviewed for Laguna Beach Magazine’s Artist Round Table article
2008 Littoral Magazine, Wrote article on artist Patrick Whelan
1994 Habitat Stamp Art Contest, 4th Place, Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
1994 Publication for Habitat Stamp Contest, Nemaha County Herald, Nemaha County, NE
2007-2011 Whelan Galleries, Laguna Beach, California
June ‘08, ‘09, ’10 Laguna College of Art + Design Collector’s Choice
2007 Laguna College of Art and Design Summer Gallery
2007 Laguna College of Art and Design Senior Show, 7 Degrees
2006 Laguna College of Art and Design Student Show
2005 Fingerhut Gallery, Laguna Beach, California
2005 United States Post Office, Johnson, Nebraska
BODIES OF WORK
Current Work Personal, figurative, illustrative works
2007-Present Spectre–An artist’s personal memories and dreams, oil on metal
2003-2005 Figurative Look into the Soul, oil and pastel, paintings and drawings
1993-1994 Birds and Other Aspects of Nature, watercolor and acrylic, pen and ink
*References upon request to ensure privacy