Objective: To begin a new career within the art world that would apply more than 30 years of artistic and professional
experience towards a design and production position. My background is in the arts. I have degrees,
knowledge and love of art and am able to convey that to others.
Skills: Communicator. Conceptual thinker. Model maker. Artistic painter. Sculptor. Full-sized fabricator. Colorist.
Carpenter. Art teacher. Welder. Furniture design and restoration. Ornamental plaster restoration.
Can draw and read blueprints.
- Design, build and or sculpt products for residential, commercial and industrial purposes.
- Experienced in making clay models from drawings and scaling to full size.
- Can Build using any material with any structural frame work using trailers to stripped car chassis for products that are
carved, welded or formed out of foam, clay, cloth, paint, metal, stone plastic and rubber.
- Accomplishments include making artistic stair rails and industrial fixtures from stainless and mild steel, stone finials
and reliefs for churches, and stone facades for schools with extensive carving. Assigned projects for the Parade
Company's annual Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit. Worked at Apple Conveyor and Fabrication for
many different projects including pipe fitting and Lear Seating jig designs for production.
- Design, conceptualize and sculpt abstract models used to fabricate full scale pieces.
- Spent seven years working as a stone carver/artist in Carrara, Italy.
- Represented in galleries and public and private collections.
- Designed and built a three legged wooden table base.
- Designed and built a similar table using four legs.
- Conceptualized Photofold™ and then created, designed and oversaw production of an injection mold for Lucite photo
frame that holds a multiple pictures that are viewable at the same time.
Sculpted works displayed in Detroit and Columbus, Ohio area hospitals, community colleges and art schools and businesses, including Botsford General Hospital in Farmington, St. Claire County Community College in Port Huron, and the Columbus College of Art and Design.
Hired to produce design ideas for the William Beaumont Hospital entrance, the Wayne State University Business school, and one of three sculptors invited to design the lobby of the World Bank in Washington D.C. Individual commissioned pieces on display in the homes of prominent art collectors.
More than 15 years of college level teaching experience, focusing on art theory, 2 and 3 dimensional design, sculpture, color concept, and drawing. Taught courses at Wayne State University, Oakland Community College, Macomb Community College and the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center.
- MFA, Printmaking, Wayne State University, Detroit Michigan
- BFA , Sculpture, Columbus College of Art and Design, Columbus, Ohio
- Sculptures have been exhibited in major galleries and in private and public collections throughout the United States and Italy, including:
- Robert Kidd Gallery, Birmingham, Michigan
- Antiganante E Artisti, Pietra Santa, Italy
- Foster Harmon Gallery, Sarasota, Florida
- Odon Wagner Gallery Ltd., Scottsdale, Arizona
- Feingarten Galleries, Inc. Los Angles, California
- Hooks Epstein Gallery, Houston, Texas
- Hokin Gallery, Chicago, Illinois
- The Art Collector, San Diego, California