• To excel as a graphic designer in print media.
• Work with a design firm or art gallery and eventually would like to work as a project manager. Because as a designer I know the procedure when creating designs and what problems we as designer face while designing. So as art /project manager would be able to manage and understand better.
• In the next 5-10 years I see myself as an art director or managing a design firm.
• Won awards for winning drawing and painting competitions while in art school.
• Graduated from India’s most prestigious art school (selected from amongst 16000 students from all over India; the total number of students shortlisted for this program was 100 students).
• Worked on branding strategy for a NGO, now its well known for its brand identity.
• Hand painted walls of a Montessori school with cartoon characters and fairy tale scenes, giving the school a very welcoming effect for children and also contributing to the school’s financial success.
I was a graphic designer (illustrator) for an American multinational company, Unisource Worldwide Pvt Ltd (Steve and Barry’s University Sports Wear) Mumbai-India. I was involved in creating and designing graphics, which were printed on garments. I have a strong command over software tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Corel Draw.
2005-2008: Steve and Barry’s University Wear –Unisource Worldwide Pvt. Ltd.
Designation: Graphic Designer – Illustrator.
Job Responsibilities: Handled projects; Delivered high quality projects within assigned time lines.
• 2001-2005: Graduated from Sir.J.J.Institute Of Applied Art (Mumbai India); Conferred the B.F.A (applied Art) degree.
• 2004-2005: Specialized in Exhibition Display & Design.
• 2010-2011: Post graduation in Design Management (George Brown college, Toronto, Canada).
Adept at Windows Operating Systems and MAC.
SOFTWARE PACKAGE EXPERTISE
• WORD – Intermediate Level
• POWER-POINT - Intermediate Level
• ADOBE INDESIGN – Basic Level
• ADOBE PHOTOSHOP – Advance Level
• ADOBE ILLUTRATOR – Advance Level
• ADOBE AFTER EEFECTS- Basic Level
• 3D MAX- Basic Level
• COREL DRAW - Basic Level
• Persevering, determined to achieve and accomplish set objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sincere and conscientious regarding entrusted responsibilities.
• Aptitude for challenging and stimulating creative assignments.
• Consistently aiming to improve professional skill set.
• Focus on each project with an endearing ability to excel.
• Rational and analytical intellect.
• Can articulate effectively.
• Worked for an US company, Encora as a freelance designer for Harley Davidson’s brochure.
• Designed stationary for shops, schools, offices and restaurants.
• Volunteered on painting assignments (Painted the walls of 2 schools in Mumbai and an orphanage in Kerala with cartoon characters and fairytale scenes).
• Taught art for 2 years to school children.
• Freelanced as an illustrator for Zinc animation studio in Toronto.
• Freelanced as an illustrator for Suhaag fashion magazine (Toronto Star) in Toronto.
• Volunteered work for IWB Sustainable Tourism Charrette for Lota in Toronto.