Associate Designer - KWDZ - Los Angeles, CA 2012 - Present
- Currently accommodating four designers for: Hello Kitty, Disney, Sears, Costco, Macy's, Dillards, JCP, Target, Sears, and other major department stores.
- Shop the stores, keep up with runway fashion and research the latest trends for silhouettes, prints and art. - Complete tech packs for the production/import team.
- Redesigning aspects of the line or creating a larger more detailed line around 1 garment or concept to fit customers needs.
- Work closely with pattern team to create styles and ensure accurate fit. I work closely with the graphics team providing inspiration for art and direction for CADs.
- Provide fabric and trim information for design archives, working closely with our costing team in order to achieve cost effective garments utilizing A2000.
-Create and implement training system for new hires, while managing 3 assistants and report back to the Head Designers and President with their progress.
- Prepare store requests samples for buyers and advertising. Duties include: Order fabric and trims, prioritizing and maintaining work for 3 - 4 cutters, 15 sewers and the screen printer companies.
- Currently implement organizational systems, problem solving solutions, maintain stock of fabric and trims for the design and sewing room.
- Source Fabric, trim and contractors, utilizing and establishing vendor relationships (domestic & Overseas) also working with send out companies.
Associate Designer - Totem / Da Nang - Los Angeles, CA 2012 - 2012
-Researched bodies, trends, fabrics and trims.
- Choose prints, embroideries, color schemes and found inspiration from high end fashion sources to translate into bodies and prints.
- Created linesheets plugging in fabrications, trims and color schemes for design presentations.
- Sketched CADs based on inspiration garments and / or rough sketches.
- Recolored prints and embroideries utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Translated specifications to pattern maker to make first patterns with instructions and technical flat sketches - Sourced fabric and trim utilizing vendor relationships.
Assistant Designer - Choon Inc. - Los Angeles, CA 2010 - 2012
- Assisted the Head, Associate & Import/Technical Designers in the design process for 2 collections.
- Illustrated CADS for cost sheets, patterns and line sheets freehand as well as utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop. - Photographed, edited photos to create line-sheets for customers.
- Created cost sheets from a design prospective and prepared costing for the production department.
- Coordinated, tagged, tracked and prepared samples to go out to sales representatives.
- Maintained and organized the design room by creating new systems to maintain a healthy flow of productivity.
- Sourced Fabric, trim and contractors, utilizing and establishing vendor relationships.
Assistant Designer - Rachel Pally - Los Angeles, CA 2008 - 2011
- Assisted the Head Designer and Associate Designer in the design process.
- Documented and illustrated technical notes from daily fittings and translated to the production
- Ordered cuts directly from the cutter for 1st samples and duplicate samples.
- Managed and tracked all duplicate samples for showrooms and sales representatives.
- Illustrated CADS for line sheets utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Sourced Trim and fabric based on current trends, utilizing and strengthening vendor relationships.
Production Assistant - Notice Inc. - Los Angeles, CA 2005 - 2008
- Assisted numerous Production Managers for multiple divisions: managing cuts, communicating with contractors and vendors.
- Designed labels and hangtag logos utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Purchased trims for all production and design room, establishing vendor contacts.
- Assembled tech packs for overseas full package production.
- Created and corrected cost sheets, utilizing Aims and Aria.
- Managed production specifications for major department stores as well as private label, specialty
stores and boutiques: hangtags, price tickets, labels, care labels and finishing.
Liaison / Manager - Us Angels Inc. Los Angeles, CA 2002 - 2005
- Managed up to 25 employees.
My duties included: created inventory reports, oversaw imported shipments, dress preparations and created systems in order to meet monthly and quarterly quotas.
- Sold the collection at major department stores for trunk shows.
- Showed in the 2003 Las Vegas Bridal Show as a Sales Representative.
Fashion Design, 2004 Los Angeles Trade Technical College Los Angeles, CA
- Illustrator and Photoshop
- Flat hand sketching
- Recoloring, repeat of prints, sizing of graphics and textiles - Vendor contacts
- AIMS, A2000, Aria, Omnis 7
- Bilingual, Spanish
- Outlook, Word, Excel
- 80 WPM